Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

The old gray monty ain't what she used to be.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 08:50 PM
Default The old gray monty ain't what she used to be.

I need help. I have been given so many reasons why my 2000 Monty is stalling out and surging I honestly don't know what to believe. I have replaced the maf, cpv, acv, and fuel pump. She is running but randomly stalls out but restarts and goes fine. The old girl just died without warning when driving today. My next move is to replce the fuel pump relay. Does anyone have any other idea's as to what's going on?

Old 05-25-2018, 12:30 AM

Who is giving you those diagnoses? Sounds like you are just told to throw parts at it. A decent mechanic should be able to scan the system and pinpoint the sensor or system that is malfunctioning.
Let's start with the simplest thing - do you have Check Engine Light ON?
Even if not, I'd suggest you first connect a scanner to the vehicle (often available for free to use at auto parts store, just do not buy any parts just yet) and check to see if there are any pending codes there. A pending code is kind of "let's watch this system, but we don't need to bother the driver yet" signal computer generates. If you have any codes, whether pending or active, post what the code(s) is and detailed Freeze Frame Data.