Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

radio, power windows/locks, clock and climate control not working.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 09:08 PM
Default radio, power windows/locks, clock and climate control not working.

1999 Montero Base 4wd. I have research and cannot figure out whats wrong. Radio, power locks/windows, clock, and climate control not working. Replaced the alternator due to headlights dimming at idle. Everything was working fine, then next day all these stopped working. Checked fuses, took alternator out and had it tested. retested 5 times and passed on all tests. Battery cables and grounds are good. I installed extra grounds a few months ago, so grounding shouldn't be an issue. I've checked the radio wires (factory Infinity System) for anything that could be shorting out. have found nothing. anyone have any ideas before I decide to sell it and buy something newer. Engine has 80k miles.

Old 02-22-2018, 08:44 AM
Default I'd love a response

""Please help with advice - I've found a 01 ltd. 164k on the miles, in pretty good shape - pristine interior, starts up well but you have to give it some pedal a little initially, to keep it from feeling like it's gonna die - no biggie there tho, obvious a little tuning is needed.... Body and exterior is fine for this age vehicle - transmission and 4wd functions correctly, for 3600.00. It drives straight and brakes straight - no pulling to either side and no "extra" engine noises.

The main problem is - nothing in the center console works - so I can't test A/C, heat, sunroof, stereo and anything else in the center console area due to electrical issue. It seems like one big fuse needs to be replaced and that would be that. I wish it were that simple but I expect it to be a deeper issue. Oh and the fog lights wouldn't come on but all other lights work.

Any advice you guys can help me with would be appreciated. I'm probably going to get this either way, I'm already hooked.""

Old 02-22-2018, 11:20 AM

Sounds like a blown fuse(s). In cased of no light on the console, check all fuses, fusible links and then get under there and see if you have a connector that is loose/disconnected

Old 02-23-2018, 02:09 PM

Thanks

Old 03-21-2020, 02:12 AM

if it worked before you emoved it and it doesnt after you reassembled I would guess you knocked a connector loose or something along those lines in the process sucks to have to retrace your steps but looks like thats what you will have to do. Good luck.

Last edited by dacni; 03-22-2020 at 05:24 AM.