Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

radio problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 07:26 PM
Default radio problems

i had to change the battery on my 2001 montero sport and now my radio doesnt work it just says code... where do i get the code?

Old 08-26-2010, 08:49 PM

please do a search as this question is asked every week.

you will have to get the code from mitsubishi, which they will probably charge you $50 for.

or free depending on how good your pitch is to them. your chances of getting it free is higher because you will need to supply them with the serial # on the radio.

to get the serial # you need to remove pull that radio bezel.

then call any local mitsu dealership and ask for radio code with serial #.

now the effort it takes to remove it or the amount you have to pay for the code, you might as well buy an aftermarket radio because the stock one SUCKS BALLZ! sad but true, it is way pass its time

for the amount your going to pay and labor, even a $40-50 new one from walmart sounds better and more features, such as aux input, plays mp3 cds, usb, sd, etc. as long as you know what you are doing in the wiring in order to retain the use of the stock amp, etc.

again deja vu on this reply. i should keep a template and paste it each week

but hope that helps.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:24 AM

I still have my code card that came with the car.. If you purchased it new you should have it in with your owners manual.

Originally Posted by redturboeclipse
please do a search as this question is asked every week.

you will have to get the code from mitsubishi, which they will probably charge you $50 for.

or free depending on how good your pitch is to them. your chances of getting it free is higher because you will need to supply them with the serial # on the radio.

to get the serial # you need to remove pull that radio bezel.

then call any local mitsu dealership and ask for radio code with serial #.

now the effort it takes to remove it or the amount you have to pay for the code, you might as well buy an aftermarket radio because the stock one SUCKS BALLZ! sad but true, it is way pass its time

for the amount your going to pay and labor, even a $40-50 new one from walmart sounds better and more features, such as aux input, plays mp3 cds, usb, sd, etc. as long as you know what you are doing in the wiring in order to retain the use of the stock amp, etc.

again deja vu on this reply. i should keep a template and paste it each week

but hope that helps.
LOL true.. easier to copy and paste than to type it up again.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:54 PM

yea i know, but like most pajero/montero "enthusiasts" on forums, once they get their answer they are never to be seen again until the next problem. thus why we hvae no interest or aftermarket support.