Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

RV Meter Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 09:06 AM
Default RV Meter Problem

I have a 2001 Montero Limited (full size) that has the RV meter that displays the compass, outside temp., climate controls settings, etc.
The miles-to-empty display is no longer accurate. When I fill up the tank, it says I only have 46 miles to empty (when working properly it read 376).
The fuel gauge is still working fine as is the low-fuel warning light. Anyone have this problem or know how to correct?

Old 06-18-2012, 09:31 AM
Default RV Meter Fixed - Instructions

Fixed my miles-to-empty problem with my RV meter by following the instructions from Gus over at the Pajero Club of Auatralia:

Frozen Compass/Recalibration Fix

a. With the key in the OFF position, push and hold the "DISP" button.

b. While continuing to hold down the "DISP" button, turn the ignition switch to ACC position. Keep holding the "DISP" button until you hear a beep tone which will last for about 10 seconds. You should then see the display shown.

c. Turn the ignition key to the ON position to start the system-connection-check.

d. Wait for approximately 8 seconds. The system will give a beep signal. When the connection is completed, this message will display.

3. Calibrate the compass as follows:

a. If the compass requires manual calibration, the "Need to calibrate the compass" message will appear on the display for about 7 seconds and the direction indicator will blink. Press the CAL COMP function button within 7 seconds.

b. Confirm this screen then follow the on-screen instructions.

c. Drive the vehicle slowly through a 360°turn in either direction in a safe, open space with no other vehicles or buildings around. This will automatically complete the adjustment, calibrating the compass to the correct azimuth.

d. After driving in circles, the adjustment completes automatically, and this message displays verifying completion of adjustment.

NOTE: ^ The compass can only be adjusted at speeds of less than 2 mph (3 km/h).

^ The display may sometimes show the adjustment completion message when the vehicle begins to turn but then returns to showing the original compass direction. In this case, the compass has not adjusted itself correctly. Make sure to turn the vehicle completely through a 360°turn.

4. Adjust the RV meter compass variance as follows:

NOTE: Compass variance is the difference between the earth's magnetic north and true geographic north. If not adjusted to account for compass variance, the compass could give false readings.

a. Press the "ADJ" button.

b. Find your current geographic location and the correct corresponding zone number on the zone map.

c. Press either the "<"or ">" function button until the correct zone number appears in the display.

NOTE: Pressing either the "<" or ">" function button for more than one second will cause fast forwarding/reversing of the zone numbers.

d. When the compass variance is set, press the "ADJ" button.

5. Check the RV meter outside temperature display. The outside temperature should display correctly.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:04 PM
Default outside temperature not working on display

G'day

my battery went flat and i recharged it - all is ok but the outside temperature will not display just shows --- . any way that i can fix that would be appreciated

regards

peter

Old 08-19-2013, 11:32 PM

did as you say and temperature now shows but double what it is - at present it is 9c but shows 18c

regards
peter