Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

♪ WHY are 99' Montero Sports the ONLY model they decided to throw a $1,000 amp in?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 03:55 AM
Default ♪ WHY are 99' Montero Sports the ONLY model they decided to throw a $1,000 amp in?

When I first bought my 99 Montero Sport, the radio kinda sucked bcuz the antenna had been broken off at the base so there was static throught the songs from coming in and out of tower reception and I no longer own any of the casette tapes i once had so i decided to buy a bunch of CD's and holy ship! this thing seriously bumps! Not only is it super loud, but it sounds so freaking good!
I looked to see what brand of stereo was in it and was surprised to see it was a standard mitsubishi stock radio! I thought, "no way this stock stereo is putting out that kind of bass! Then i realized the CD player was seperate from the stock deck, but still, it sounded like it had some help... A LOT of help!

Then I learned that for some unknown reason, Mitsubishi decided to throw a thousand dollar amp in these particular models and that they are the only ones they did this with. WHY is that? Did they find that it wasn't feasible to put that expensive of an amp in these things?

The weird thing is, i cannot find this amp for ship! I've looked all over the entire vehicle and it is hidden pretty damn good but i KNOW there's one in there... somewhere, cuz aint no way a stereo jamz this loud and sounds this good without the help of an amp. From what i read, it is under the back passenger side seat, but the seat wont budge! I just wanna see what a thousand dollar amp looks like bcuz the amp cost more than what i paid for the vehicle! Lol

Does anyone else own one of these 99 Montero Sports with the thousand dollar amp under the seat? How does yours sound?

I'm just curious if this is really true? It seems odd that Mitsubishi would put such an expensive amp in these vehicles and then turn around abd install a stock radio! Lmao
that just doesn't make sense to me!

SOMEthing is definitely installed in there, not sure if its a thousand dollar amp, maybe its a five hundred dollar one, but SOMEthing is definitely in there pumping up the bass!

Last edited by Gettup; 11-29-2017 at 04:28 AM. Reason: typos