Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

07 Ipod connection for version without navigation

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 11:40 AM
Default 07 Ipod connection for version without navigation

Hi,

I would like to buy a new outlander 2007, the version without the navigation (the one which only has a simple cd mp3 player). However, the issue is that I am definitely not buying unless I am sure I can connect my Ipod so I need to know what can be don about "aux-in".

So anyone who can tell me anything about this will be greatly appreciated.

Thnx a lot.

ajustator

Old 08-23-2007, 12:25 PM
Default RE: 07 Ipod connection for version without navigation

I have an LS with the stock (base) head unit, and there is no way of hooking up an aux input unless you splice into the wire harnes on the back of the unit.

However there are some models that can be spliced by simply popping the back plate on the center console. Then of course theres the model wich has the hook up on that center console ready to plug and play. Perhaps some one with the aux input plug may ched some light on what model you need to be looking out for and what options, like I said I have the LS with stock stereo wich offers no option for aux in, except splicing.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:57 PM

I think you just need the Sun Sound and Leather package to get the auxilary. At least that's what it says on the website.

Old 08-23-2007, 03:01 PM

thnx.

can you please explain a bit how the slicing of the backwires is done? if you know of course.

I appreciate a lot any help on this issue! thnx a lot.

I wonder if I can order a different radio. I saw on the japanese accesory catalogue that they have some different radios for the outlander 07. some seem to have aux in. However, I'm in europe and not sure how it would work...

thnx again

ajustator

Old 08-23-2007, 05:23 PM

I picked up a 2007 xls and had the dealer throw in the ipod adapter. The adapter connects from the radio's aux in and the other end of theplug connects to the ipod. Once you plug in the ipod and hit the aux botton on the radio, you have music. Unfortunately, there's no ipod control on the radio and you have to utilize the controls from the ipod. Plus, the adapter does not charge the ipod while it plays but I picked a car charger for it so that fixes the problem. Mine came with a ipod cradle (Belkin F8Z077 tuneDok) that sits in the cupholder in the center console right next the charge outlet. All in all, it works pretty good and the sound quality is as good as the cds. Too bad the dealers don't have an adapter that utilizes the radio controls. Hope this helps.

Old 08-23-2007, 05:39 PM

You need part # MZ360136EX it list for $50.45. It plugs into the back of the radio and into the top of the Ipod. It will not charge the Ipod though. Check with your dealer. All the info can be found on Parts Bulletin No. AI-XX-01-07 Facts about Ipod adapters and MP3/Ipod cable accessories.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:32 PM

I think what everyone wants is an adaptor that charges and handles two way data transmission so it can be controlled with the Mits stock controls. I have no idea if this is in Mits's plans or if any aftermarket solutions are in the works. Sure would be nice.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:09 PM

I would not hold my breath for that. Mitsu only makes the iPod cable witch doesn't charge or interface for the 07's. Maybe the aftermarket will help you out.

Old 08-24-2007, 02:41 AM
ash

ORIGINAL: RMUDBUGS

You need part # MZ360136EX it list for $50.45. It plugs into the back of the radio and into the top of the Ipod. It will not charge the Ipod though. Check with your dealer. All the info can be found on Parts Bulletin No. AI-XX-01-07 Facts about Ipod adapters and MP3/Ipod cable accessories.
Where abouts in the back of the radio does this plug in? I took my radio out the other day to have a look, it's the single CD type. It had two connectors going into the back and there was a third connector taped to the radio loom about six inches back. Is this lead available in the UK?

I did take some photos of the back of the radio and could put them up here.

I have a GPS Unit which also plays mp3's which I want to wire in, so that the sound comes through the radio's speakers.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:58 AM

Ash,
I don't know. I'm not a tech. I only work in parts and that is the part # they give us. I also don't know if the UK radio is the same or differant than the US radio. That is a question best asked of your local dealer.

Quick Reply: 07 Ipod connection for version without navigation