Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

07 Outlander Wind Noise Fix

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 05:03 AM
Default 07 Outlander Wind Noise Fix

If you have a buffeting wind noise coming from the drivers side mirror, here's the fix:

GROUP 42A Body

Wind Noise From Outside Mirrors - 2007 Outlander. A wind noise (a light buzz) may originate from the outside mirror area of the 2007 Outlander when driving between 30-40 mph. The noise may be more apparent in a cross wind. To repair this condition, remove the plastic cover under the mirror pivot point.
Apply adhesive backed foam or felt to the two tabs, wrapping the foam/ felt around each tab, then reinstall the cover. Verify the repair.

Old 02-19-2007, 02:55 PM
JMC
Default RE: 07 Outlander Wind Noise Fix

So....is this something I should make the dealer do for me because I think would love to on top of the clunk noise problem.

Old 02-19-2007, 05:38 PM

I have the same buzzing and wind noise as well. Both of them usually occur at the same time during freeway speeds. For some reason I don't think my noise is coming from the mirror though. When I crack the window open a little bit both noises go away. I tried locating the noise and it seems like it's coming from the top left corner of the driver window too, that's the only side this occurs. I'm going to trylooking at the mirror problem anyway and see if the buzzing will go away.

Old 02-20-2007, 02:09 AM

I did the modification myself today, and it FIXED the problem completely, no doubt about it. Here are some photos of how to remove the cover from the bottom of the mirror.

There is a small opening designed for a screwdriver that allows you to pry it off. Once off, just roll up some foam and place it in the middle of the cover. Then just snap the cover back on.

I went a little farther and put electrical tape on the outside to prevent air from getting into the leading edge of the gap. My plans are to make a piece of black graphics vinyl that will seal it completely and look stealth. Once I get the shape I'll post it.

But for now, absolutely no wind rattles anymore.

Pics...

[IMG]local://upfiles/11453/46FADF22E803479084EDAD151690F378.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/11453/806D8AC6A6264A0E9BABBC1E9AEFCA6D.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/11453/120C84B937954608835AACD9D13BA10E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-20-2007, 03:35 AM
JMC

Good show B!

Old 02-22-2007, 11:30 AM

I have wind noise as well and for me it's coming from the top left corner of the driver window. Did it go away when you fixed the mirror prolem [sm=smiley25.gif]

Old 02-22-2007, 04:54 PM
JMC

Try this fix and see what the deal is...it'll probably help you out with yr noise problem.

Old 03-02-2007, 06:57 PM

hi djlone...were you able to fix the wind noise coming from the top left corner of the driver window? I am also having problem with wind noise...from the roof top and window sides. wondering whether it is because of the weatherstripping below the roof rails and maybe the windshield too.

btw, I got a little relief with the wind noise from the top left corner of the driver window. Open the door, hold it tight and press the top portion of the door towardsthe vehicle and then close..there was some improvement..seems there is a little gap.

Old 03-04-2007, 03:14 PM

I would have sworn that my rattles were coming from the top of the window, but after I fixed the mirror they went away. Give it a try or have your dealer do the fix.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:37 PM

I am going to try this and see if it works. I have to say... the poster did a great job explaining it and showing the pics, but I remain a bit skeptical of it, simply because I think the noise is produced by the oversized mirrors and maybe because of the weatherstripping on the vehicle, and not the mirror crack. I will try and will post replies. I must add that I am VERY grateful for people to try and come up with solutions for the wind noise issue. If this works, it will be awesome!! Thanks!

Quick Reply: 07 Outlander Wind Noise Fix