Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

07 XLS 4WD - Seatbelt warning chime

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 05:50 PM
Default RE: 07 XLS 4WD - Seatbelt warning chime

thanks sbessel. thats so helpful. your the one of the two guys here that really make sense. your post are of big help. keep it up and never mind those people who shows of that they know or have everything but never shared. it only means they don't have it. they just sneak here and look for your ideas and then tell us they have before they even know it.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:19 AM

well if that response wasnt just looking to start a flame war, I dont know what was

Old 04-25-2007, 04:17 PM

war war stupid and people stupid and................

Old 04-25-2007, 05:57 PM

not to add to much black powder to this upcoming war, but, how is exactly you know who has what, and who doesnt... what, with you three post... you must have been here a long, loooooong time to get those numbers, it shows that you really know what your talking about.

no offense, but I dont really car to hear new people talk trash about the others on this forum... You dont know... neither do I. I do know that there are those of us that hve been here for a long while, and that alone tells me alot about someones character. why stick around if you are just going to lie about what you have. This isnt that important of the place. Seems to me, if i were going to lie about the things I dont have, then i would at least roll on over to the eclipse, or EVO forum... hell, at least there I would be lying about a car, and stuff that mattered. Here, whats the point, its an outlander, and while I love mine, whats the point in lying. Why on gods green earth would anyone lie about having one, or having stuff on them... its a damn SUV, and not even a porsche SUV, but an outlander...
Not that the outlander isnt a great truck, it is, but what would be the point about lying...
It would be like you going over to a forum about sewing machines, and saying you have a top of the line "brother" brand sewing machine... why... who cares... what could you gain... it makes no sense..
Its not like everyone here is a millionaire, and we can all just do what we want... Some of us have money, some dont, we all made a decision to buy outlanders here, but regardless of that, what diffrence does it make if say antlip just didnt have the money to afford a digital camera (no offense brother, just using you as an example... holla at me later)... now I know he does, but what if he didnt, what if he didnt have access to something to take pictures... Hell, I have had my sub installed for months, and just havent had the time to take pics, no-one on here doubts its in there. So what if I dont have pictures, for a long time, my camera was broken, and I was to lazy to go buy another one. Life moves on whether I have a digital camera or not. It wasnt on the top of my list... Now I got one, and all I gotta do now is actually go take some damn pics... problem is, Im lazy... So what, now your gonna call me a liar...
way to go bro..

Oh, and btw, welcome to the forum, glad to have you!

Old 04-25-2007, 07:38 PM

I feel special, rich, and motivated all at once haha. Yet now I hate sewing machines.

Anyway its not "stealing" if the guy post it up here with how to do instructions. Its called hes proud of what he accomplished and wants to share it with the rest of us so we can do it too. If he was worried about other people stealing this idea he wouldnt have given out the directions and pictures.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:36 PM

1. The first reason I love my Outie is the degree of enjoyment/satisfaction I have everytime I drive it, open the hood, play with the options, etc.

2. The second reason I love my Outie is learning there are endless "possibilities" which will serve toenhance that enjoyment/satisfaction for years to come.

However, for me, the true valueof number 2can never be realized without this forumand the contributionsmade by allits members.

I love this forum because its members from across the globe, all have a shared passion for their Outies. In addition to sharing laughs (and the occasional disagreement) with other members, I findthe knowledge, ideas, questions, concerns, etc. contributedon this forum are invaluable.

It has given me the opportunity to see not only what is, but what is possible. Thank-you.

Rich

Old 12-23-2008, 07:10 AM

Come on Gents. No Fighting in here please! We are here to help, not fall out with each other;

I am a retired police officer, in my time I dealt with dozens of fatal road accidents and also worked for a long time as a post accident vehicle examiner. If some of the people on here saw some of the sights that I have dealt with they would be thinking of stopping driving, not justthinking about putting their seat belt on for everytrip, whatever the distance. In my mind anyone who drives for any distance whatsoever without a seat belt is asking for trouble. It is a fact that most fatal accidentshappen within half a mile of the driver's homes.What troubles me more than drivers not wearing seat belts is the number of people who allow their children to travel in cars without any restraints whatsoever.In my opinion they are insane and should be prosecuted everytime.

We have an old road safety slogan which has been going for years and it is still relevant today,

" Clunk - Klick.....Every Trip.

Happy Christmas and safe motoring to all,

Ron

Old 12-23-2008, 12:06 PM

ORIGINAL: sbessel

...besides the only time I will not be wearing my belt will be at speeds below 15 mph, so there will be no air bag deployment anyway.

Scott
Unless someone crashes into you... but yes, the risk of doing this mod and/or not wearing your seatbelt is in the hands of the beholder.

I do have to say though sbessel, that you did a great job figuring out this fix.
PS: As of the time I wrote this post your pics where not visable...

Old 12-23-2008, 03:16 PM

It annoys me...but I guess not enough to try to disable it.

Old 12-26-2008, 12:43 PM

Re the less than 15 mph= ok not to wear seatbelt.

It is up to you.

However, I was crossing an intersection from a stop going 5-10mph if that when a Chevy truck with a trailer blew the red and broadsided me. I was in a Ford Ranger and I was struck hard enough to roll my truck and send me across 4 lanes to where I ended up in the turn lane of the opposite traffic. I was a few miles from home and was just going to the gas station.

I had my window open, without a seatbelt it would have popped me out and under my truck where everything else in the cab went. Fortunately, I didnt even take a ride in the ambulance.
The accident looked bad enough the first on scene was clearing the intersection for life flight.

Personally I hate having to do up the seatbelt. I do it anyway, I got a ticket in Nevada for no set belt. I dont feel like getting another.

BTW I also have a 08 Silverado that has a passenger seatbelt warning. That thing pisses me off because I put things in the front seat that trigger the seatbelt warning so I have to make sure I click the belt when I put my computer bag in the seat [>:]

Quick Reply: 07 XLS 4WD - Seatbelt warning chime