Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

07 XLS 4WD - Seatbelt warning chime

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 02:39 PM
Default RE: 07 XLS 4WD - Seatbelt warning chime

**** on moderation... I like it just how it is.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:48 PM

Well, not everybody is used to people ranting all the time. I actually prefer sensible posts than nonsense off-topic rants that has nothing to do with the Outlander. The only reason I'm still coming back because there are still people in this forum making useful and sensible posts.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:30 PM
JMC

Well thanks to the few guys here that are nice. I remember there only being 3 people here before all the bashing newbies....so there was no need for a mod. I guess things will change now...
So why don;t you look past the 20 posts to see what I've been up to? Like I always say...where were you guys when I was going through hell with the 1st gen outlander? Jumping on the bandwagon is easy.

Old 04-16-2007, 04:25 PM

ORIGINAL: sbessel

Alright here is the fix

Under the drivers seat there are 5 connectors, starting at the center console working towards the drivers door we want the second connector, it has 4 wires, and is black. The first one is yellow, stay away from yellow connectors. (See the first 2 pictures) [ul][*]
Unplug this second connector[/align][*]
Remove the center of this connector, I used a sharp knife and it just pulled out, very easy.[/align][*]
Then use a small jewelers screwdriver, pin, nail or such and release the tab on the yellow wire with the green stripe. (push in from the front of the connector where the center part was, the connector will pull out by the wire. (See the pictures)[/align][*]
Pull this wire out the back. (See the pictures)[/align][*]
Put the center plastic part back into the connector (See the final picture)[/align][*]
Tape off the pulled yellow/green wire connector, and push it into the black sleeve for hiding and safe keeping. This keeps things looking very stock.[/align][*]
Then plug the connector back in and you are done.[/align][/ul]

This is all made much easier if you push the drivers seat all the way back.

My tests showed that the drivers seatbelt would show an open with the yellow/green and black/gold wires when engaged, and a short when removed, this made this a very simple and easy fix.

If you completely removed the connector it would leave an airbag warning light on.

**** Give this a try, but neither I, Mitsubishi, this forum, nor anyone else can be responsible for the consequences if it goes horribly wrong, or if you just stop wearing your seatbelt. I also do not encourage you to stop wearing your seatbelt, as I feel seatbelts save lives.

I have not had a lot of time to test this… but a quick run to the store and back says everything is just fine.

these show the connector we want, the console is on the left, the drivers door on the right (US/normal models)

here is the center and the pin removed

everything put back together

Scott
’07 XLS with all options except rear DVD and backup camera [8D]
Thank you!

**Edit**
Followed your instructions easily and it elliminated my seatbelt chime. Again, thank you.

Old 04-16-2007, 05:51 PM

ORIGINAL: pathfinder36

Thank you!

**Edit**
Followed your instructions easily and it elliminated my seatbelt chime. Again, thank you.
your welcome... and a future tip... no need to quote the ENTIRE message.... it makes the thread much easier to read

Old 04-16-2007, 06:54 PM

Hey scott, just a quickie... How did everything work out... just wanting to know if it works well, and if it affects anything else, or just the chime...?

Old 04-16-2007, 07:14 PM

ORIGINAL: soundcolor

Hey scott, just a quickie... How did everything work out... just wanting to know if it works well, and if it affects anything else, or just the chime...?
I guess you missed my answer here : https://mitsubishiforum.com/fb.asp?m=132120

So far it works great, although I have not crash tested it, and have no plans to in the near future. [8D]

Old 04-16-2007, 07:37 PM

come on dood, please... take on for the team

Old 04-16-2007, 07:40 PM

Oh come on just hit a little tree to test out he chime fix.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:43 PM

yeah, it doesnt have to be a big tree...
and besides, the insurance will cover you...

if your scared, just aim it towards a forest, lock that accelerator pedal down, and slip it into gear... you dont even have to be in the car....

I have faith in you

Quick Reply: 07 XLS 4WD - Seatbelt warning chime