Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

07 XLS 4WD - Seatbelt warning chime

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 01:22 PM
Default RE: 07 XLS 4WD - Seatbelt warning chime

Nice find sbessel. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Old 04-14-2007, 01:30 PM

Thanks sbessel, the technical info is very much appreciated.
I don't ever plan on doing this hack, but the more technical information we can gather on the Outlander the better this board becomes.

Old 04-14-2007, 02:28 PM

Just curious -- is this "solution" only disabling the chime? Or does it also disable the flashing seatbelt warning symbol on the dashboard and also the warning announcement displayed on the panel?

(I'm guessing it disables everything connected with the driver's seatbelt, not just the chime.)

I might be interested in defeating ONLY the chime, and not anything else connected to seatbelt warnings. Otherwise, I wouldn't be interested.

Bud H

Old 04-14-2007, 04:05 PM
JMC

Folsom ain't far from me....

Old 04-14-2007, 04:22 PM

ORIGINAL: budh

Just curious -- is this "solution" only disabling the chime? Or does it also disable the flashing seatbelt warning symbol on the dashboard and also the warning announcement displayed on the panel?

(I'm guessing it disables everything connected with the driver's seatbelt, not just the chime.)

I might be interested in defeating ONLY the chime, and not anything else connected to seatbelt warnings. Otherwise, I wouldn't be interested.

Bud H
This is ONLY the drivers seatbelt warning. It will kill all the display warnings as well as the chime. I am sure the chime is the same as the headlight chime and key chime, so disabling just the chime would have other effects. I can't really see any ill effects to this mod. If you are wearing your seatbelt then the signal to the computer is the same, if you are not then it won't matter if it fires the tensioners, besides the only time I will not be wearing my belt will be at speeds below 15 mph, so there will be no air bag deployment anyway. Many times I just want to move my car out of the driveway into the street.

It only took me 15 minutes... and it would probably take less to put it back if you don't like it.

Scott

Old 04-15-2007, 11:50 AM
hex

sbessel, thanks for the info and directions on disabling this annoying feature. I followed your instructions and completed the mod in less than 5 minutes. voila'! no more BS chime. KUDOS to you!

Old 04-15-2007, 12:48 PM

sbessel... great find... Im going to put a switch on mine so I can dis-able it at will...

dont bash JMC though... he's a little odd, but then, so is every one else here. He contributes alot by his presense here alone, not to mention, he generally comes up with a great solution to any problem, or question asked...

I dont think your a tool, you havent been here long enough for me to make that judgment, but JMC has, no-one else here thinks poorly of him

Old 04-15-2007, 01:19 PM

ORIGINAL: soundcolor

sbessel... great find... Im going to put a switch on mine so I can dis-able it at will...

dont bash JMC though... he's a little odd, but then, so is every one else here. He contributes alot by his presense here alone, not to mention, he generally comes up with a great solution to any problem, or question asked...

I dont think your a tool, you havent been here long enough for me to make that judgment, but JMC has, no-one else here thinks poorly of him
Thanks!

But I have to disagree... I have yet to 'bash' JMC, it has been quite the opposite... Please do a search on his last 20+ posts, and if you find anything useful in any I'll go ahead and reconsider my opinion. But from what I have seen it has all been off topic single line posts, many off topic,and many have been personal attacks. Nonehave been helpful or tech related. Enough that I have used that wonderful block button, quite helpful in getting back on topic.

Scott

Old 04-15-2007, 01:31 PM

What this forum need is good moderation, which it lacks obviously. It could be better if somebody moderates.

Old 04-15-2007, 01:47 PM

I said that awhile ago. I dont think the mods come in here too often.

Quick Reply: 07 XLS 4WD - Seatbelt warning chime