Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2007 Outlander- Factory Warranty Repairs

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 09:46 PM

These problems are real, and not user error. The throttle lag is very real, and that is why Mitsubishi issued a TSB for it. It almost caused a few accidents before I took it in. The dealership flashed the computer today, and reprogrammed the transmission like it was a new vehicle. The clunking was a result of faulty wheel bearings and replaced per TSB. The radio had a bad internal antenna and was replaced with an upgraded version that had a better internal antenna per TSB. A foam kit was put on the mirror stopping the wind noise per a TSB.

I'm pretty sure the mfr wouldn't issue TSBs for this vehicle if they thought it was just user error. Although, its good to see Mitsu takes ownership of their product and corrected it. A pleasurable experience with the shop and can't wait to get the car back this weekend.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:20 PM

what does TSB mean?, sorry for the newbie question.

nevermid i found it, and thank you for the info, this definetly will help explain what the problem is. i will be taking my car in for service really soon.....

oh and if anyone is curious about this TSB i have a link here for the 2007 outlander

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/pr...sb/results.cfm

Last edited by cheech; 02-09-2011 at 10:26 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:44 AM

Radio volume going up and down? Could be the auto speed function that increases the volume to compensate for higher wind noise at faster speeds.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:44 AM

Apparently, some of the radios were shipped with bad internal antennas to cause the volume/reception to slip in and out. The reception was so bad, I couldn't even listen to it. This was only while driving. While sitting still, it was fine. Look forward to the new radio Mine isn't the deluxe stereo, its just the basic AM/FM CD

Old 02-11-2011, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Camrykiller
These problems are real, and not user error. The throttle lag is very real, and that is why Mitsubishi issued a TSB for it. It almost caused a few accidents before I took it in. The dealership flashed the computer today, and reprogrammed the transmission like it was a new vehicle. The clunking was a result of faulty wheel bearings and replaced per TSB. The radio had a bad internal antenna and was replaced with an upgraded version that had a better internal antenna per TSB. A foam kit was put on the mirror stopping the wind noise per a TSB.

I'm pretty sure the mfr wouldn't issue TSBs for this vehicle if they thought it was just user error. Although, its good to see Mitsu takes ownership of their product and corrected it. A pleasurable experience with the shop and can't wait to get the car back this weekend.
Interesting, do you have that TSB # or details for clunking issue?

I looked here and don't see anything related:

http://www.automd.com/recall-tsb/sea...=30&model=1001

Last edited by klas; 02-11-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:33 PM

Klas, there was a TSB for early 2007 Outlanders that had wheel bearings that would fail early. I think you had to have a pre-march 2007 vehicle. I have the TSB somewhere...not on this computer.