Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2009 Outlander XLS With Rockford Audio but no nav playing from 3.5 mm jack

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 05:36 AM
Default 2009 Outlander XLS With Rockford Audio but no nav playing from 3.5 mm jack

My apologies if this has been asked 1,000 times, but I just purchased a 2009 Outlander XLS about 12 hours ago. I really love the vehicle but I am a bit freaked out about the the seemingly inability to play audio from a 3.5 mm jack with the really nice sounding Rockford Fosgate system it came with.

I simply assumed it did this because why wouldn't it? I am confused as to why this simply doesn't have that jack in it, but it is not there so I have to find out for sure if I can do this as it sits. This is a model with that system and no navigation.

I see the RCA spots on the back bottom of the armrest and I don't know if I even get a male RCA to male 3.5 jack if that even connects to the radio and if/how that will play the audio coming from a phone.

I really do not want to have to buy a new headunit or try to figure out something like an fm modulator as I have no idea what I am doing and would have to pay someone to do it. Is is possible to use the Bluetooth feature to link audio from the unit to from the phone? I have no had time to really figure this out and thought that maybe that could be a possibility.

Can someone either talk me off a ledge or tell me to get a parachute? Like I said, I just bought it and there is no return on it now so I have to make the best of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by tcotton; 11-01-2015 at 05:40 AM.
Old 11-01-2015, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by tcotton
My apologies if this has been asked 1,000 times, but I just purchased a 2009 Outlander XLS about 12 hours ago. I really love the vehicle but I am a bit freaked out about the the seemingly inability to play audio from a 3.5 mm jack with the really nice sounding Rockford Fosgate system it came with.

I simply assumed it did this because why wouldn't it? I am confused as to why this simply doesn't have that jack in it, but it is not there so I have to find out for sure if I can do this as it sits. This is a model with that system and no navigation.

I see the RCA spots on the back bottom of the armrest and I don't know if I even get a male RCA to male 3.5 jack if that even connects to the radio and if/how that will play the audio coming from a phone.

I really do not want to have to buy a new headunit or try to figure out something like an fm modulator as I have no idea what I am doing and would have to pay someone to do it. Is is possible to use the Bluetooth feature to link audio from the unit to from the phone? I have no had time to really figure this out and thought that maybe that could be a possibility.

Can someone either talk me off a ledge or tell me to get a parachute? Like I said, I just bought it and there is no return on it now so I have to make the best of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
If you see the rca ports, just get an rca to 3.5mm patch cord. Plug your phone up. On radio, push and hold the cd button...it will enter aux mode...done.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:46 AM

The above is correct, but if your stuck on something this simple I would highly recommend you pull the manual out of the glove box and read it (it's there for a reason even though no one ever does), it will tell you lots of things you don't know about your new car.

Old 11-02-2015, 07:56 AM