Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2010 Muffler - looking for advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 12:42 PM
Cool 2010 Muffler - looking for advice

Hi, I just traded my 09 for a 10 Outlander. A week into it, I have discovered a hole in the top of the muffler. In Canada, just the muffler alone is $465, before installation. I've looked online, and I am having zero luck to find a place in the US or Canada that sells aftermarket mufflers. To me, $465 is a bit much for an OEM muffler. I am not looking for any louder sound, just a place I can buy one from without spending a bunch of money. I've looked through the "headers and exhaust " forum, no real posts in there I could see when it comes to this question. Thanks folks, I appreciate any help you can give me. I am hoping someone can point me to an aftermarket dealer. Mike

Old 07-07-2016, 03:06 PM

Hi Mike,
OUCH!
Have you tried any local specialized exhaust/muffler shops?

Did you look on Ebay? As low as $35. No idea on quality - but they are brand new and fun looking.

If you just got your new one last week - then it should have come with at least a minimal warranty? Unless if dealers in Canada are not required to.

If money is an issue, then you can always try a patch job, but in the long run, you're better off just getting a new muffler with a warranty from a shop.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:33 AM
Thumbs up Hey

Originally Posted by Mike_M
Hi, I just traded my 09 for a 10 Outlander. A week into it, I have discovered a hole in the top of the muffler. In Canada, just the muffler alone is $465, before installation. I've looked online, and I am having zero luck to find a place in the US or Canada that sells aftermarket mufflers. To me, $465 is a bit much for an OEM muffler. I am not looking for any louder sound, just a place I can buy one from without spending a bunch of money. I've looked through the "headers and exhaust " forum, no real posts in there I could see when it comes to this question. Thanks folks, I appreciate any help you can give me. I am hoping someone can point me to an aftermarket dealer. Mike
I had a similar problem with my 2008 the Muffler and Catalytic Converter had holes caused by corrosion from the heavy snow and salt here in New Jersey. I actually went to a Muffler Shop because I stay away from stealerships but funny to find out the Muffler shop was calling around for the replacement parts and one Dealership told him that the exhaust system was still under warranty and that I should bring my Outlander to a Mitsubishi dealership. When I went in they checked it and replaced everything free of charge under warranty. My advice would be to see if it is covered if not go with a Magnaflow
Performance Mufflers