Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2010 Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by pilcan
What is the thing besides the front dome light? Is it the microphone for the bluetooth?
Bingo.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:49 PM

Is it necessary to have rust protection for 2010 outlander? Which one you guys recommend? Does the protection that dealership offers good? Some input pls.
Is it necessary? Depends on whether you are keeping it long term or not. If so it will reduce the chances of rust in places where a car wash might not be able to wash out easily. Once rust is in it has to be cut out, bondo'd and repainted. The cost of repairing one small patch can be more than 10 years worth of rust checking.

Then again, it only protects the hide-away areas - if you have a ding or chipped paint where the metal is exposed such as the hood or tail gate your chances of rust increase with or without rust check. I take my cars to Krown every year. Spring/Summer is the best to time to have them applied as the workers are not as busy and can spend more time on doing a thorough job.

Old 12-06-2009, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. Zoidberg
Is it necessary? Depends on whether you are keeping it long term or not. If so it will reduce the chances of rust in places where a car wash might not be able to wash out easily. Once rust is in it has to be cut out, bondo'd and repainted. The cost of repairing one small patch can be more than 10 years worth of rust checking.

Then again, it only protects the hide-away areas - if you have a ding or chipped paint where the metal is exposed such as the hood or tail gate your chances of rust increase with or without rust check. I take my cars to Krown every year. Spring/Summer is the best to time to have them applied as the workers are not as busy and can spend more time on doing a thorough job.
Thanks a lot, I'm planning to keep this one for good.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:07 PM

I have used KROWN RUST CONTROL on my 2006 KIA Sportage, which I still own. There is no sign of rust on this vehicle.

I used KROWN again on my 2010 Outlander.

It is a great product and recommended by many.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Default Rust Protection

I think Krown is similar to Rust Check but smells a bit less. Both good products at about the same price.

Last edited by MadMike1953; 12-07-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:36 PM

What is the thing besides the front dome light? Is it the microphone for the bluetooth?
I believe it has something to do with the new alarm. It senses motion inside the vehicle.

Old 12-08-2009, 05:51 PM

For those among you guys who have 2010 outie, did you notice that the noise made by ABS calibration when driving away is almost gone?

Last edited by pilcan; 12-11-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:13 PM

Another thing I notice is I don't hear the clicking sound anymore on the shifter when pressing the brake while in N position.

Old 12-12-2009, 12:19 PM

Another thing I notice is I don't hear the clicking sound anymore on the shifter when pressing the brake while in N position.
Well, I didn't hear any clicking sound on my 2009 Outlander either but after 6 months of use it appeared out of nowhere and never went away :s Anyway, I like what Mitsubishi did with Outlander GT interiorwise but exterior, that new nose does not look good on the Outlander, maybe if they haven't released the 2007-2009 nose I would have nothing to compare against but right now I actually prefer the older look, if anything, they should have also done some revision to the rear taillights, but thats just my opinion.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:47 PM

I believe the clicking is the servo that allows you to shift out of park only if you hold the brake. If you are in N, there is nothing that prevents you from shifting out of it, so it isn't activated then.

Quick Reply: 2010 Outlander