Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2010 Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 08:35 PM

For people complaining about shifting, according to the manual for my 08: the transmission may not shift smoothly during the break in period...so keep that in mind for the first few hundred miles. Should get better after a while.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by ivanz
For people complaining about shifting, according to the manual for my 08: the transmission may not shift smoothly during the break in period...so keep that in mind for the first few hundred miles. Should get better after a while.
It's past the breaking period and shifts smoothly now. Thanks.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:21 AM

A question for all those with a 2010 Outlander: would you know if the rear DVD sound can be heard over the Fossgate system (and not just the wireless headphone)? If not: what tricks are there to allow for this? ( I have a 2.5 yr old, who enjoys cartoons and such but does not support wearing a headset)

Old 01-17-2010, 12:20 PM
Angry GT Option(less)

I just found out from multiple dealers here in the US, that although Mitsubishi’s website lets you build a 2010 Outlander GT in blue, white or brown with Beige interior, Japan does not make them. Nationwide, there are only GTs with black interior. And the XLS does not come with a sunroof, so if you want a 6 cyl. with sunroof now, you’re stuck with a black interior. Unless of course, they make them later in the year like they did the 2007 Red Outlanders.

My lease is up in October (July if I wanted another mitsu) but I may have to consider some other manufacturer. A beige interior is available for lesser models, but not the top of the line? Does that make sense? You would think top of the line means a pick of all the available options. I mean, it’s not like they are custom making a new interior, just installing one that is currently available on the XLS or SE. What could the costs be? They could even charge a premium for the color like a few other manufacturers do, but no. Wow, I think Mitsubishi has really outdone themselves this year to screw this up.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:30 AM

Well I got one Outi 2010 model and this one is a 4 cylinder engine 2.4 LT, I just love it!! I will start doing some modifications soon!!!

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Outlander-outlander.jpg   2010 Outlander-outlander006.jpg   2010 Outlander-outlander003.jpg  
Old 02-04-2010, 01:03 PM

I guess only the US/Canada gets the new front grill? Congarats either way! Does it have the colour dashboard display?

Old 02-04-2010, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by ivanz
I guess only the US/Canada gets the new front grill? Congarats either way! Does it have the colour dashboard display?

the new Outlander has optitron gauges and multicolor display for fuel, mileage, temperature etc...

The driver side dash has stitched leather.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:41 PM

I notice the Outlander 2010 engine is much quieter than 2009 model. My ears are sensitive to noise thus I can differentiate the difference. There is more sound proofing material at the firewall.
The HID lights use focus lenses just like Mazda CX-7. Fog lights are bright.

I am not sure about the durability, reliability of Goodyear Eagle LS-2 tires in the long term. I had previous generation of Eagle on my old accord and they were horrendous. They lacked traction in heavy rain, and stops too slow. Stopping distance of old Eagle was long. I had to replaced my Goodyear with Firelli tires.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Gadgetguy
A question for all those with a 2010 Outlander: would you know if the rear DVD sound can be heard over the Fossgate system (and not just the wireless headphone)? If not: what tricks are there to allow for this? ( I have a 2.5 yr old, who enjoys cartoons and such but does not support wearing a headset)
I don't have a 2010 Outlander or the oem read DVD but when the little one is watching our aftermarket dvd player on the headrest I just turn the fader 100% to the front. Not sophisticated or as good as a balanced sound but sure beats a crying kid in the back.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Gadgetguy
this might be a little late, but yes... it can. just turn up the volume to about 25 or so. should work just fine.

Quick Reply: 2010 Outlander