Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2010 Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 02:18 PM

Any new developments/experience(bad and good) for 2010 outlander owners?

Last edited by pilcan; 12-15-2009 at 06:17 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:18 PM

The 2010 V6 models recommend premium fuel. I know we can use regular gas but is it OK to switch back and forth from regular to premium and vice versa?

Old 12-16-2009, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by pilcan
Any new developments/experience(bad and good) for 2010 outlander owners?
LS Model. I'm loving it. Of course it has only turned 1100 km. A recent trip I get 10l / 100km high with mis=xed weather conditions and highway speeds varying from 110 to 10km/hr.
It also perfored well in a recent snow storm. Not as good in snow as our old Suzuki GV but the slip and grip 4 wheel drive and skinny all weather tires of the Outlander gripped very well.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by MadMike1953
LS Model. I'm loving it. Of course it has only turned 1100 km. A recent trip I get 10l / 100km high with mis=xed weather conditions and highway speeds varying from 110 to 10km/hr.
It also perfored well in a recent snow storm. Not as good in snow as our old Suzuki GV but the slip and grip 4 wheel drive and skinny all weather tires of the Outlander gripped very well.
I have the LS model(800+ km in it) too and these are the few things I noticed:

1. It keeps seeking for higher gear (fuel efficiency factor?)
2. Shifting from first gear to second is not as smooth as my LS '08 (maybe still learning my driving habit).

Other than that, I'm loving it too! By the way,what type of fuel do you use, regular or premium?

Last edited by pilcan; 12-17-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:20 PM

I've been using regular. Maybe when the weather gets warmer I'll give the premium a try and do a mileage test.
Actually, I like the gearing of the transmission and the shifting has gotten smoother after a few hundred miles. The transmission switch from neutral to 1st gear on moving away from a stop sign or red light is abit abrupt.
It does seem to take a while to warm up, though and could throw more heat once there. I wish there was some indication that you could see re the heated seats, but I you sure can feel them.

Old 12-19-2009, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by MadMike1953
I've been using regular. Maybe when the weather gets warmer I'll give the premium a try and do a mileage test.
Actually, I like the gearing of the transmission and the shifting has gotten smoother after a few hundred miles. The transmission switch from neutral to 1st gear on moving away from a stop sign or red light is abit abrupt.
It does seem to take a while to warm up, though and could throw more heat once there. I wish there was some indication that you could see re the heated seats, but I you sure can feel them.
Another thing new to me is the noise from ABS calibration while driving away is hardly noticeable, the sound is still there but not as loud as on my '08 LS. Yeah you're right, there should be an indicator on the dash for heated seats.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by pilcan
What is the thing besides the front dome light? Is it the microphone for the bluetooth?
That is the motion detectors for the security system. Not sure where the mic is without looking at the owners manual again.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by wgieni
That is the motion detectors for the security system. Not sure where the mic is without looking at the owners manual again.
I believe the mic is still besides the front dome light.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:33 AM
Default Just bought one

I live in Ontario.

Just bought a 2010 XLS this week in the new quartz brown color. Waiting for the dealer to locate one, they do not have many in Canada due to shipment damage out of Japan.

Good question regarding block heater, I never thought of asking as I always assume vehicles sold here come with it.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:26 PM

I'm from Toronto and I have the LS quartz brown model and I don't think it has block heater but never had issue with it.

Quick Reply: 2010 Outlander