Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2010 Outlander Bluetooth Noise Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Default 2010 Outlander Bluetooth Noise Problem

I have a 2010 Outlander SE with the Sun and Sound package. I connected my iPhone 3GS with no problems to the bluetooth. However, when connected to a call, you hear background noise. It's the sound you hear like when you would connect to the old dial up AOL internet connections. It is worse when the person on the line is talking, but they can not hear the noise on their end. I have tried connecting a different phone, but it was still an iPhone, same problem. Is anyone else having the same problem? I have a service appointment tomorrow to have it looked at, but I wanted to see if anyone else had experienced the same.

Thanks.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:31 PM

I have my iphone 3GS paired up with the bluetooth. I have to turn up the volume way up to hear the person to 26).

There is also a clicking noise that I think might be due to the higher volume. The person on the other end doesn't hear the clicking noise.

Old 10-23-2010, 01:21 PM
Default bluetooth noise

I am also experiencing noise from the bluetooth on my 2010 Outlander. It sounds just like a modem sound coming out of the right door speaker. Or my own original description to the service writer-" It sounds like bagpipes playing." LOL. They really haven't diagnosed it at the dealership but acknowledge the sound. I would be very interested in knowing if they resolved it in your vehicle.
I am having additional problems with my phone not staying paired after the vehicle has been turned off for several hours and have had 3 service visits and have spent literally hours on the home cordless phone with Johnson (the bluetooth manufacturer) trying to diagnose the problem while sitting in the car with my neighbors looking on wondering what I'm doing.
I now have an ongoing Mitsubishi case number and they are intervening with my dealership as the service department is blowing me off r/t a verbalized lack of knowledge by the service techs. They are frustrated by what they say is a lack of training. I am frustrated because I have been expected to spend hours diagnosing and am the sole communication line between the dealer and Johnson.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:21 AM

I know this is a very old thread but - was there ever a solution to this issue with the "dial-up" noise with bluetooth calls? I have a 2011 Outlander and have tolerated the noise for way too long.

Old 12-14-2018, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by GernBlanston
I know this is a very old thread but - was there ever a solution to this issue with the "dial-up" noise with bluetooth calls? I have a 2011 Outlander and have tolerated the noise for way too long.

Hello, I have a outlander From 2009 and I have the same problem. Have you find some topic with reason please?
Thanks

GEORGE

Old 03-09-2021, 08:08 AM
Default Any solutions?

Anyone ever come to a definitive solution to the "dial-up" noise issue. The very same problem has developed on my 2011 Lancer Sportback GTS (FUSE, no nav). I've tested with multiple phones and the noise persists. Anyone? Thanks...