Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2010 Outlander LS - Bluetooth ready?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 01:14 PM
Default 2010 Outlander LS - Bluetooth ready?

I just purchased a 2010 Outlander LS a few weeks ago, and the vehicle has the Bluetooth ready prewire done in that I have the phone control on the steering wheel, but it’s missing the Bluetooth module that goes in behind the radio and the microphone.

Do I have to go with genuine Mitsubishi parts for this? Or is there some aftermarket version that can be added here? If I have to say OEM, would anyone know the part numbers I would need to purchase? I’ve tried tracking down the Bluetooth module number and have found that there are three or so that could work.

Old 02-22-2019, 04:50 PM

~~~~~~ H E L P ~~~~~
I became a new member a couple weeks ago, and still am unable to create posts and submit pictures, etc. I went to the Newbie area and read the terms and did submit a post saying I agreed to the terms. However, all the pictures and posts/questions that I submit never arrive at this site. Is there something I need to do, or is it a site issue?

Another member is also having this problem.......what can we do to get help?
Thanks.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by milk
I just purchased a 2010 Outlander LS a few weeks ago, and the vehicle has the Bluetooth ready prewire done in that I have the phone control on the steering wheel, but it’s missing the Bluetooth module that goes in behind the radio and the microphone.

Do I have to go with genuine Mitsubishi parts for this? Or is there some aftermarket version that can be added here? If I have to say OEM, would anyone know the part numbers I would need to purchase? I’ve tried tracking down the Bluetooth module number and have found that there are three or so that could work.
  • The module is a Johnson Controls Mitsubishi Bluetooth handsfree. If your Outlander currently has the USB input module the bluetooth will replace this and will run both the USB input and Bluetooth.
  • Generally a Google search for "Mitsubishi Johnson Controls" will get you any amount of relevant hits - on e-bay they are usually around the $100-150 mark (Australian) pre-used, as compared to $800 +/- from Mitsubishi. Used modules may need to have the security code cleared - see unlock bluetooth module posts in the forum.
  • I'd stick with OEM if you want to use the pre-wired looming "as is". The module part number starts with 8783A0##, the ## being variable - the higher the number the newer the version. I am current running a "074" in my 2011 ZH LS.
  • As for the microphone located in the courtesy lights above the rear view mirror, I got mine from a wreckers - I removed the microphone from the courtesy lights module and did not buy the whole module.
  • Installation is pretty much plug-and-play. Remove the radio, take out the USB module, put in the Bluetooth module, reinstall radio (don't forget the antenna cable). There are plenty of "How to" postings in the forum on these.