Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2010 Outlander USB/ipod issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 08:38 PM

I am having the same issue with my Ipod Classic 80gb worked for a month and suddenly all i get now is Ipod Load, restored my ipod and put 1 song on the device and i still get Ipod Load error and nothing happens. I plugged in my brother's ipod nano and it worked fine, i also tested usb thumb drives with mp3s loaded up on it and the usb recognizes them immediately. Should i have this taken to the dealer to have a look at

Old 05-09-2010, 09:42 PM

Did you try reformatting the iPod?

Old 05-09-2010, 10:24 PM

Yes i formatted the iPod and restored it. I even tried to downgrade the firmware just to see if it works. I am thinking it might be some sort of authentication issue between the iPod and the Fuse Link system i dont really know how the whole system works. I am probably gonna try and take it to the dealer maybe they have some way of rebooting or resetting the fuse link system or something

Old 07-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Default fixed!

I have been having the same issue (2010 Outlander, 120gb iPod classic) called mitsubishi... here is what they said to do...
1. find 3 different mp3 players or flash drives (i used a nano, my iphone 4, and a flash drive that i loaded music on)...
2. let all 3 play at least 30 seconds of a song
3. go back to original device (120gb classic) and it worked!

i have about 10000 songs on mine, so i anticipate longer load times, but so far, it has taken about 10 minutes!

good luck

Old 07-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Default Same Issues - No Response

I have had the same issues with my 8GB iPod Touch. The screen says iPod loading and it takes several minutes to load anytime I turn the car off. The only issue I have is when I first purchased the car, it was loading much quicker - I cannot figure out what the problem is. I only have about 800 songs as well. The dealer said that it just takes that long to load but that does not sit well with me when paying $25,000 for a brand new car that has an upgraded sound system. My old Malibu was better that this! The dealer has basically blown me off and said deal with it. Any ideas?

Old 07-21-2010, 08:53 PM

Go to another dealer? I would think taking out the fuse for FUSE would probably solve this. It appears that whatever info the system stores becomes corrupt...that's why plugging in a number of different devices will eventually overwrite the corrupt data and allow you to re-add your iPod.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:40 AM

I wouldnt bother even going to the dealers... I talked to the FUSE support team - their contact info is on the Mitsubishi website. But they are the ones who said the FUSE "memory" can hold 3 devices, and that by cycling my devices, it would in essence clear the problem. I will say when i used my phone as one of the devices, it took longer - basically it will process everything on your device, so if your touch has apps, pics, games, etc, it will take a while longer to load. I have over 9000 songs, about 40 playlists on my ipod; i took off all the pics, videos, etc. Since my reset of things, on average it has taken about 10 minutes to load, which I am comfortable with, based on the volume of music on my ipod.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:36 AM

I have the issue with my Archos 5. Can't figure out what to do.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:21 AM
Default Re: Archos5

I am not that familiar with the Archos 5, but as long as it has USB connectivity, it will function in a similar pattern as other devices. From what I do know about it, it has similar functions as the iphone (music, movies, internet, etc). It may just take longer based on hard drive size. The other option is to go here http://www.mitsubishifuse.com/nav_choose.taf to determine if the Archos is even compatible with FUSE. There is a chance its not.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:38 PM

the mitsubishifuse link helped me. Got everything working. I just have to wait for it all to load. I have about 70+ gigs of music so it took about 10mins to load

thank you

Quick Reply: 2010 Outlander USB/ipod issues