Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2010 Outlander USB/ipod issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 08:19 AM

@rogerslade - if you have the navigation, I believe if you call Mitsubishi they can remotely reset the system. They hinted at that when I called. I have not actually synced my ipod since itunes 10 but I wouldnt be terribly shocked if that was the case either...

@ikjadoon - the USB port is in my center console. Your car may be wired for it already. I also have a power adapter built in there, but I am not sure what is standard and not in the console. I am sure your dealer can at least tell you what it would run to install the USB jack. granted, they will be pricey

@hbvanschoor -
Originally Posted by jeffdh879
I have been having the same issue (2010 Outlander, 120gb iPod classic) called mitsubishi... here is what they said to do...
1. find 3 different mp3 players or flash drives (i used a nano, my iphone 4, and a flash drive that i loaded music on)...
2. let all 3 play at least 30 seconds of a song
3. go back to original device (120gb classic) and it worked!

i have about 10000 songs on mine, so i anticipate longer load times, but so far, it has taken about 10 minutes!

good luck

Old 10-15-2010, 09:31 AM
Default Hooray! It worked

I've just had another go using 2 memory sticks and a borrowed iphone. It failed to work at first but was ok after I turned the ignition off and on again. It lost the playlist shortly after but continued playing all of the tunes but was ok again after an ignition off/on. The system is obviously flaky and should be fixed. Incidentally, my local Mitsubishi dealer knew nothing about it and their technical service request to Mitsubishi UK seems to have drawn a blank. I think it's about time someone in Mitsubishi woke up and came up with a fix.

Last edited by rogerslade; 10-15-2010 at 09:32 AM. Reason: incomplete
Old 10-15-2010, 09:33 AM

Many thanks for the fix.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Default iPod / USB reset

I have a 2010 Outlander with the Sun/Sound pkg with the FUSE USB/Bluetooth audio. I had the same problem most people here had..."iPod LOAD" that never went away. My iPod Touch had worked with the system for a few weeks before getting the dreaded problem. Well, I'm here to say that the fix listed on these forums works. To repeat it: find 3 other USB devices (memory stick, MP3 player, another iPod, etc.) making sure there is at least one music file on each device. Insert a device into the USB jack. When the music plays, let it go for at least 30 seconds. Repeat this for the other 2 devices. After the third device the system is reset*. Plug the original iPod back in and the problem will be gone. I did it using 2 USB memory sticks and my wife's iPod Touch. Now I have full control back including voice and everything works like a charm. Load time is minimal.
All is right with the world.
* The (alleged) theory is that the FUSE system can only memorize 3 devices. The 3 other devices are memorized, forcing your original iPod settings out. Then, plugging your iPod in as #4 forces the system to re-analyze it.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:00 AM
Default xls2010 canadian

on my xls 2010 canadian, i got a 3.5mm input, not a usb

can i change my 3.5mm for an usb one ?

second question : on my 3.5mm, i got some scratch noise sometime like interference and ITS NOT MY ITOUCH the trouble....

Old 02-13-2011, 06:26 AM

Can anyone confirm if the prolonged "load" message means too many songs or too many playlists? or both? I have an ipod touch and it simply keeps saying load

Old 02-15-2011, 02:34 PM

@mikati - try this. It cant really be attributed to too many songs or playlists, looks like an issue with the FUSE system and larger capacity devices.
Originally Posted by jeffdh879
I have been having the same issue (2010 Outlander, 120gb iPod classic) called mitsubishi... here is what they said to do...
1. find 3 different mp3 players or flash drives (i used a nano, my iphone 4, and a flash drive that i loaded music on)...
2. let all 3 play at least 30 seconds of a song
3. go back to original device (120gb classic) and it worked!

i have about 10000 songs on mine, so i anticipate longer load times, but so far, it has taken about 10 minutes!

good luck

Old 02-16-2011, 02:40 AM

Thanks for your response. I decided to buy a nano to put a minimal amount of tunes and always keep in the car. Kind of a bummer, but oh well. Even with an 8GB nano, it still takes a few minutes to start playing-- super annoying. I figured my iPod touch with nearly 50GB of music would not even start playing before I get to my office!! I have a Pajero here in Dubai but I believe it's the same Rockford Fosgate system as the outlander in the states. Pretty sure the dealer will be worthless to help me with this!

Old 02-16-2011, 05:34 AM

I now keep 3 usb memory sticks in my car as the problem often repeats itself which is really boring. Having played all 3 I have to turn off and restart the engine and then plug in the iPod (really tiresome) which means I have to find somewhere to stop if the problem occurs on the road. I drive a Shogun (Pajero/Montero) and Mitsubishi UK don't seem to know about the problem and give the impression they have never heard of it. It's good to see that these multinationals communicate so well together! My pretty full 30gb iPod classic takes about 7-10 minutes to load so you guys with big ones need to be patient!

Old 02-24-2011, 03:48 AM

Hi. I have the same problem on a UK 2010 Shogun Diamond. 8Gb iPod Nano (4th Gen) worked perfectly for about 2 weeks, then just sits there with the MMCS displaying 'Reading'. Did a 4 hour drive and at the end it was still 'Reading'. Anyway my local dealer changed pretty much the whole system, connectors, adaptors, sockets and a complete new head unit speially shipped in from Japan!! None of it worked. I guess this is just a quirk of the system which we have to live with.

Howevere my 4Gb iPod Nano (2nd Gen I think) works fine. I have now given up on the iPod and changed to USB memory sticks. I have an 8Gb and 16Gb. Both work fine although obviously the 16Gb says reading for a bit longer than the
8Gb on startup. I have noticed a couple of interesting issues. Firstly when formatting the the disk , if I use a small cluster size I find the music 'skips' when I scroll trough the song list. A cluster size of 4096 seems to be the optimum setting. Alsos the sakipping is worse on the 16Gb stick alhtough it might just be slower memory.

Secondly, I noticed I had several songs with no artist. When I edited the artists on the memory stick and reinserted it the songs still do not show the artist on the MMCS system.

Quick Reply: 2010 Outlander USB/ipod issues