Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2010 Outlander USB/ipod issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 11:02 AM

ive tried everything. nothing works for me.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:33 AM

I have a 10 day old Outlander GX4 (UK) with the wretched Rockford Fosgate MMCS system, which is proving a major let down. I would strongly advise anybody contemplating the car in this trim level not to bother - buy the GX3 and save a world of disappointment.

I was just coming to terms with the clunky interface, 2 years out of date maps, and the fact that it won't accept UK postcodes among other things, when I hit the iPod problem.

My iPod connection worked for a week, but now won't. It was pretty feeble anyway, taking a mile or so to 'load' after each restart, but now it can't distinguish iPod from USB and just 'reads' indefinitely.

Thanks to the information posted above, I have tried cycling 3x USB sticks, but with no change to the iPod behaviour.

I will of course tackle the dealer with this and report back, but I am not hopeful.

Last edited by Red Kite; 04-26-2011 at 06:07 PM. Reason: edited for clarity
Old 04-25-2011, 05:51 PM

When I first bought mine I wondered the same thing. Eventually it worked fine, the dealer said that it had to do with the amount of songs I had.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:11 AM

The more songs you have the long the load times. Anyone who has updated their iPod to a version more current than 3.x.x will find it will probably not work. Mitsu is looking into a fix but there is no estimated time frame. Considering how old the maps are, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:17 PM

>>Anyone who has updated their iPod to a version more current than 3.x.x will find it will probably not work.

Mine worked for a week, now doesn't - I haven't changed the iPod firmware in that time.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Given the iPod issue, I thought I might use the "music server". The dealer confirms that the only way to load the HDD is by posting CDs into it and ripping them at 4x speed. That means at least two weekends sitting in the car to fill 30GB. Absolutely no point when I can buy a 32GB flash drive for £25, transfer MP3s to it with a few clicks, and use that.

So far the iPod compatibility has failed, apparently quite normal, and I have found the maps to be at least 2 years out of date and no update available until 2012, and the HDD to be seemingly redundant. I don't think it was unreasonable to think that these things would actually be usable, when spending close to £30,000 on a car with the features I wanted.

Never again.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by hbvanschoor
Hi
Have tried 3 different devices (2 memory stick and my phone). Played each for about 30 seconds and then switched the car off. Plugged in the iPod and it loaded after about 1.5 min (now has 6GB of music on it).

So thank you for helping solve this!
What kind of ipod do you have and what software version are you at?

im still having the issue with my ipod touch.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Default Don't feel bad

Don' t feel bad. I just purchaced the 2011 Outlander Sport with all the bells and whistles. AWD, rockford packade, Nav, Pana roof, ect. I the owners manual it shows the nav controlling the ipod. However I have tried an iphone 4, 3GS, 3G, and classic. IT DOES NOT WORK. I love the car but when you spend that much money...everything should work. The kicker of it all is that I am in the car audio industry and should have known better. I have call the dealer and both sales and service say the same thing... I dont have an answer. With the research I have been doing, the nav unit has been available since 2008. Surly they would have tested it before the manufacturing process.

Old 05-04-2011, 03:15 PM

I have the same problem with my iPod Shuffle... won't work unless I use it through AUX instead of the USB... I like the car but the MMCS is POORLY done IMHO... I can't get the DVDs to play through the speaker even though the dealer told me I would... and then later after the car is sold, the dealer says you can't... Next time I think I am going to buy a different car manufacturer... anyone tried burning their songs to a CD so it can write it to the hard drive?

Old 05-05-2011, 11:34 AM

If your Apple device is using one of the 4.x versions of the OS, it won't work. Contact Mitsu and lets see if we can get them to speed the development of an update so we can use our devices.

Old 05-05-2011, 03:15 PM

if you have the navigation system, they (Mitsubishi, not the dealer) should be able to send a signal to reset your system. At least they alluded to that when I first called. I skipped the dealer all together when I was originally working through this issue.

I have an Ipod classic that works, - 160 GB, and its about half full (10k songs). I am on version 2.0.1 (Mac) for software. I will say that I have tried to use my son's Ipod touch and it has never worked. Not sure if the interface between the touch (to get to the Ipod part of it) is too complex, but I also did not mess with it that much, just went back to my Ipod.

From research I did, its not the # of songs, its the # of playlists. I think thats BS as well, but with the bluetooth technology, I at least can tell it what to play.

Quick Reply: 2010 Outlander USB/ipod issues