Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2010 Outlander USB/ipod issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 03:46 PM

I cant believe this worked! Thank you so much

Originally Posted by jeffdh879
I have been having the same issue (2010 Outlander, 120gb iPod classic) called mitsubishi... here is what they said to do...
1. find 3 different mp3 players or flash drives (i used a nano, my iphone 4, and a flash drive that i loaded music on)...
2. let all 3 play at least 30 seconds of a song
3. go back to original device (120gb classic) and it worked!

i have about 10000 songs on mine, so i anticipate longer load times, but so far, it has taken about 10 minutes!

good luck

Old 09-15-2010, 08:59 PM

I have a quick question for you guys about the iPod via USB.

I don't have the USB, but how does it work? Can you play playlists, by artists, etc.? Or does it play all the files, like a massive CD?

~Ibrahim~

Old 09-16-2010, 08:10 AM

It basically lets you use you ipod, through the in dash stereo, just like you would use your ipod if it were in your hand. You can play all, play playlists, by artists, genre, etc... and just shuffle everything... it is also responsive to bluetooth commands. So if you want to listen to Led Zeppelin, you hit the blue tooth command button and say "play led zeppelin" and it confirms it, then plays all songs by the artist!

my only issue with it is if you have large amounts of music, it takes forever to load at times...

Old 09-17-2010, 06:27 PM

Oh, wow, that's legit awesome!

Does this require FUSE or the MMCS? I just have the stock stereo on my 2010.

~Ibrahim~

Old 10-04-2010, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by rivendell
I cant believe this worked! Thank you so much
Didn't work for me.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:02 PM

@ ikjadoon - I think it requires FUSE, the bluetooth portion requires FUSE at least, but the ipod aspect of it (minus voice commands) is not part of the FUSE system.

@rogerslade - which part didnt work? what is your model/year? were you able to play 3 different devices?

Old 10-06-2010, 03:19 AM

@ ikjadoon - I think it requires FUSE, the bluetooth portion requires FUSE at least, but the ipod aspect of it (minus voice commands) is not part of the FUSE system.

@rogerslade - which part didnt work? what is your model/year? were you able to play 3 different devices?
I'm in the UK and have 2010 Shogun (Montero/Pajero) with the full hifi/navigation package. I did try 3 different devices but maybe if I try a nano, as tried before, as well (my daughter-in-law has one) it will work. I'll post back next week once I've been able to try it. Nevertheless, this is an issue which should have been fixed by Mitsubishi. Incidentally the problem only occured shortly after havin upgraded to itunes 10. Could this be an issue?

Old 10-06-2010, 10:31 PM

Hello

I am also having problems with playing my iPod classic 80GB via the USB cable. Bought a brand-new Outlander 2010 in September. For the first 2 weeks I could play the iPod via the USB cable but now when I plug it in the 'ipod LOAD' doesn't disappear.

I have removed the radio fuse and tried again but no luck.
I have removed most songs from the iPod - there is now only 20 songs on it.
I have tried a friend's iPod and that worked. I can also play music via a memory stick as well as my HTC Magic via USB cable (have a separate problem playing music via bluetooth from the HTC Magic).

I have tried to contact Fuse but can't get the contact form to send.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

Old 10-06-2010, 11:01 PM

Got it, thanks, Jeff.

I will see what I can do with this "USB part".

Thanks,

~Ibrahim~

Old 10-07-2010, 03:06 AM

Hi
Have tried 3 different devices (2 memory stick and my phone). Played each for about 30 seconds and then switched the car off. Plugged in the iPod and it loaded after about 1.5 min (now has 6GB of music on it).

So thank you for helping solve this!

Quick Reply: 2010 Outlander USB/ipod issues