Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2011 Outlander orange headlight bulb change

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2020, 05:07 PM
Default 2011 Outlander orange headlight bulb change

My daughter's 2011 Outlander has the orange bulb burned out on the passenger side of the car. It isn't the turn signal, it is the small orange bulb above it closest to the hood (I guess it is considered a running light). Does the entire headlight assembly have to come out? If so, this doesn't look easy. Thanks

Old 10-10-2020, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Newbaumturk
My daughter's 2011 Outlander has the orange bulb burned out on the passenger side of the car. It isn't the turn signal, it is the small orange bulb above it closest to the hood (I guess it is considered a running light). Does the entire headlight assembly have to come out? If so, this doesn't look easy. Thanks
No, the bulb itself will come out, it’s on a fairly long ‘stick’ so that you can reach it, it just twists out ~1/4 turn. Hardest part is that it’s not listed on any of the parts catalogs, I checked the number on the signal light, this one was the orange bulb beside it, verified with the markings in the bulb itself.

Old 10-10-2020, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by kev994
No, the bulb itself will come out, it’s on a fairly long ‘stick’ so that you can reach it, it just twists out ~1/4 turn. Hardest part is that it’s not listed on any of the parts catalogs, I checked the number on the signal light, this one was the orange bulb beside it, verified with the markings in the bulb itself.
Thank you, I got it. I initially didn't see where it was until I jiggled the wire which moved the bulb so I could follow it. That is in a hell of a spot, I don't think a woman's hand could get in there to get a good grip on it.

Old 12-14-2020, 04:29 PM

I think I have the same problem. How do you get access to the wire and eventually they bulb? Sorry I’m quite a novice in car.

Old 12-14-2020, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by HanWee Low
I think I have the same problem. How do you get access to the wire and eventually they bulb? Sorry I’m quite a novice in car.
I hope I can explain this well. Next to the headlight on the inside of the fender you will find a wire. Jiggle the wire and you should see that little bulb move. You see it move, you know you have the wire. Now the hard part. This space is ridiculously tight, your typical man cannot get his hand in there, I know I couldn't. Here is the good part. I got the bulbs out (I had to replace both sides) by turning the wire itself, no way my hand could fit to get a hold of the bulb itself. The bulb doesnt take much force to get out. I got it back in the same way. It takes a little luck to get the bulb in the hole that you can't fit your hand into nor can you see the hole as you're doing it. It would be easier if you have a woman who can get her hand in there. Hope that helps.

Old 12-15-2020, 12:41 AM

Thanks for the good explanation, someday I shall try this out hands on with your guide and probably not my hand 😂

Merry Christmas and happy new year to wherever you are!