Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2012 O Sport Sirius radio

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Default 2012 O Sport Sirius radio

I posted last week about an issue I was having with getting Sirius Premiere (the old Best of XM) package added. I have finally gotten it resolved and wanted to pass along the solution in case anyone else has the issue- it is specific to the Sirius Module in the Sport 2012 Premium Radio.
To add an expanded Package to the radio it must be shut down completely by a fuse pull. It is fuse #7 in the fusebox below/left of the steering column.
First: call Sirius and modify your account, and have them send the signal to your radio- give it about 15 minutes for it to be received.
Second: Pull fuse #7 for about 5 minutes
Third: replace fuse and restart car. You should see a message "Updating" when you turn on the radio and select Sirius. After about 30 seconds th expanded lineup should be available.

Hope this helps,

Al

Old 02-06-2012, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by lokisince89
I posted last week about an issue I was having with getting Sirius Premiere (the old Best of XM) package added. I have finally gotten it resolved and wanted to pass along the solution in case anyone else has the issue- it is specific to the Sirius Module in the Sport 2012 Premium Radio.
To add an expanded Package to the radio it must be shut down completely by a fuse pull. It is fuse #7 in the fusebox below/left of the steering column.
First: call Sirius and modify your account, and have them send the signal to your radio- give it about 15 minutes for it to be received.
Second: Pull fuse #7 for about 5 minutes
Third: replace fuse and restart car. You should see a message "Updating" when you turn on the radio and select Sirius. After about 30 seconds th expanded lineup should be available.

Hope this helps,

Al

Great!!

I wonder if this is the same for 2008. I'll have a look where the fuse is.

thanks!!

Old 02-06-2012, 08:52 PM

Could you have replied to your original thread?
https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mi...53/#post281017
Its a well known issue for the Outlander/RVR/Lancer/EVO. Especially if you get any channels added/deleted.