Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2016 Roof Rack troubles

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 03:21 PM
Question 2016 Roof Rack troubles

I picked up an OEM Roof Rack but I got the one for a Outlander with no side rails and my truck has side rails. I purchased the correct Thule FitKit thinking I could just use it bit it does not fit the Mitsubishi OEM Feet at all. Does anyone know if I bought the Thule 460r foot kit would it slide onto my Rack Bars?
I cannot return my OEM Mitsubishi roof rack system so I really need to make this work. Anyone have any good ideas?

Old 09-18-2017, 12:09 PM

Looks like you need this: https://www.thule.com/en-us/us/roof-...4030-_-4030999

The 460r foot kit looks like it is the right "foot kit". But you are seeing that these racks are essentially 3 parts:
1) Rails - generally interchangeable but need the right lengths for your car.
2) Fit kit - part that connects to the car itself (wrong part).
3) Foot kit - part that connects the rails to the fit kit.

To make sure you get this right, I suggest you either contact Thule or you go to a rack shop to confirm that the fit kit is all you need to get your product working. Disadvantage to making your existing kit fit is that the right fit kit costs over $100. Another option is to resell the entire package you have and try to by the right package, but I'm not sure how the money works out. Good luck.

Old 09-22-2017, 09:19 PM

So I bought Thule Foot Kit and FitKit for my OEM cross bars and I like the Thuel set up a lot.

Next project will be the running boards.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:57 AM
Exclamation feets

So I have a great Thule cross bar set up however.......................

I have the OEM Mitsubishi New Foot assemblies with the mounting hardware for the Outlander 14-17 that does not have the rails running front to back. A set of 47" crossbars is all that is needed to make this set complete. Bar (thule) can be bought on ebay for $100 - $125 shipped if someone would want to purchase the foot assemblies from me for cheap, they could have an OEM setup for a lot less that the dealer wants. How much do you think I should ask for these foot assemblies?

Old 09-24-2017, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by 4wheelfun
So I have a great Thule cross bar set up however.......................

I have the OEM Mitsubishi New Foot assemblies with the mounting hardware for the Outlander 14-17 that does not have the rails running front to back. A set of 47" crossbars is all that is needed to make this set complete. Bar (thule) can be bought on ebay for $100 - $125 shipped if someone would want to purchase the foot assemblies from me for cheap, they could have an OEM setup for a lot less that the dealer wants. How much do you think I should ask for these foot assemblies?
Like everything else, it depends on how soon you want to get rid of them. I think 75% of retail will sell eventually. 50% will sell relatively quickly. It might help to find out what other cars that fit kit works for to sell it to a larger audience than just late model Outlander owners without factory rails. People who hold out for 90%+ of retail usually wait a long time. But you might get lucky.

Old 09-24-2017, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by theSaint024
Like everything else, it depends on how soon you want to get rid of them. I think 75% of retail will sell eventually. 50% will sell relatively quickly. It might help to find out what other cars that fit kit works for to sell it to a larger audience than just late model Outlander owners without factory rails. People who hold out for 90%+ of retail usually wait a long time. But you might get lucky.
Yes thank you. i might just put it on ebay as a make me an offer.