Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2020 Mitsubishi outlander Infotainment problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2022, 11:42 AM
Angry 2020 Mitsubishi outlander Infotainment problems

My 2020 Outlander Infotainment is only about 40% functional in that the screen - most screens are unresponsive to touch. Examples are: The Time cannot be changed, The Temperature is stuck on Celsius. The volume on the "Beeb" of doing anything is stuck on medium sound level. Cannot set radio stations at all. Most all screens have dead zones or options.
These are just a few that are my personal peeves.
My Service rep tells me "It is a problem with the 2020's" they are getting a lot in. My options were to wait 2-3 months for a unit to come in. Or have it removed, then they send it out to a shop in state and be with out a radio for about 3 weeks. I chose to wait the 3 months as I can still use my phone on bluetooth. (Supply Chain Issues)
If this is a large scale issue, I am surprised I have not read more about it online.
This is my second outlander, the last one had zero issues ever. Quite disappointed about this head unit ordeal as it is really an infotainment center now a days.

Old 06-02-2022, 10:40 PM
Default Touch screen nonresponsive

Originally Posted by Jeffs
My 2020 Outlander Infotainment is only about 40% functional in that the screen - most screens are unresponsive to touch. Examples are: The Time cannot be changed, The Temperature is stuck on Celsius. The volume on the "Beeb" of doing anything is stuck on medium sound level. Cannot set radio stations at all. Most all screens have dead zones or options.
My Service rep tells me "It is a problem with the 2020's" they are getting a lot in. My options were to wait 2-3 months for a unit to come in. Or have it removed, then they send it out to a shop in state and be with out a radio for about 3 weeks. I chose to wait the 3 months as I can still use my phone on bluetooth. (Supply Chain Issues)
If this is a large scale issue, I am surprised I have not read more about it online.
This is my second outlander, the last one had zero issues ever. Quite disappointed about this head unit ordeal as it is really an infotainment center now a days.

Is there a fix for this ? I refuse to pay 2500 to replace popular issue.

Old 08-12-2022, 10:47 AM

any update? I just purchased one and the same thing sounds like it’s happening to mine. About 40% is touchable but I’m unable to press “ok” or get in the settings of anything.

Old 11-15-2022, 10:36 AM
Angry Same here, but worse!

We have the same issue with our display not working. Dead spots, can't change the clock, etc... but on top of that, our windshield wipers turn on automatically when there is no rain, the expected number of miles left on a tank of gas is sporadic at best (one minute it says we have 170 miles left in our tank, then it says 250 miles left, then 400... we never really know how much driving we can do with what is in the tank). The side monitors and front end collision sensors go off by themselves when there is nobody near me on the road. And even go off when parked like I'm going to hit someone, but the car is in park. Now, I get the hazard lights coming on when I put the car in park. And, don't get me started on the A/C intermittently not coming out per the dial settings and the MPG readout telling me I am getting over a hundred miles to the gallon on the regular. This car is a total POS! Unfortunately, we paid cash for it, so no way we'll get back what we put into it. And, we used to LOVE Mitsubishi.

Old 11-15-2022, 02:10 PM

All these faults should be covered under warranty. When you purchase a car you expect to get fair use out of it. An audio and display unit failing in 2 years is not fair use.
If your countries importer do not wish to pay then get legal advice..

Old 11-23-2022, 03:47 AM

Another option (if no warranty) is to change system to new 3rd party one for $200..400.

Old 01-05-2023, 12:33 PM
Unhappy Frozen Infotainment

I stopped by the dealership today. My Mitsubishi Outlander is out of warranty so I can not have the infotainment repaired free. I was told that the frozen infotainment issue is a common problem most outlanders are having. Many customers are complaining at the service counter about it. This issue has been going on for the last two to three years. Mitsubishi has yet to create a recall for this and probably won't.
To repair the issue it is running around $1500. Or to replace the infotainment system it is around $2500. 12 month warranty.
If you go for an aftermarket infotainment system it is best to have Mitsubishi install it for you since they know the electricals. Also, an aftermarket system most likely not function with the backup camera or steering wheel buttons. You will sacrifice those features. Not to mention, I have seen aftermarket infotainments receive bad reviews on Amazon about failing, too.
I'm considering dishing the $1500... but the representative told me he can't confirm the infotainment won't freeze up again 2 years later...since he has not been around long enough to tell.
Has anyone repaired or replaced the frozen infotainment with Mitsubishi and can verify that it has not had any more freezing issues? How long has it been going strong?