New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

2014 Outlander SE - Bluetooth disappeared from Radio

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 11:46 AM
Default 2014 Outlander SE - Bluetooth disappeared from Radio

I have a 2014 Outlander SE. We have had Bluetooth successfully working in the car for several years. One day, the Bluetooth option just disappeared from the radio system as though it never had it. Obviously, the phone buttons on the steering wheel no longer do anything (although you can still get a "beep" using the hangup button). It acts as though it was never installed at all. The Dealership has no idea what the problem is or how to fix it (have never seen or heard of this problem before). Although, they are going to try and find an answer to the problem, they have not found one to date. I did try the disconnect the battery routine...i.e. unhooked the battery and left disconnected for 30 minutes...then re-hooked. Did not fix the problem. Anyone else had this problem? And if so...found an answer? All other Bluetooth problems I have searched for have not addressed this particular issue. Any help/incite in this problem would be much appreciated. Thanks.
jb

Old 05-21-2020, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by jbraun1984
I have a 2014 Outlander SE. We have had Bluetooth successfully working in the car for several years. One day, the Bluetooth option just disappeared from the radio system as though it never had it. Obviously, the phone buttons on the steering wheel no longer do anything (although you can still get a "beep" using the hangup button). It acts as though it was never installed at all. The Dealership has no idea what the problem is or how to fix it (have never seen or heard of this problem before). Although, they are going to try and find an answer to the problem, they have not found one to date. I did try the disconnect the battery routine...i.e. unhooked the battery and left disconnected for 30 minutes...then re-hooked. Did not fix the problem. Anyone else had this problem? And if so...found an answer? All other Bluetooth problems I have searched for have not addressed this particular issue. Any help/incite in this problem would be much appreciated. Thanks.
jb
Did you ever find an answer to this? The exact same thing happened to me with my 2014 Outlander se. I’ve never been able to find any answers about it. I’d appreciate any info you have, thanks so much!

Old 05-22-2020, 08:50 AM
Default No reply...still waiting

Originally Posted by Emily DeSisti
Did you ever find an answer to this? The exact same thing happened to me with my 2014 Outlander se. I’ve never been able to find any answers about it. I’d appreciate any info you have, thanks so much!
No, I haven't ever received a reply...even from Mitsubishi. I have been trying to find an answer for a couple of years now to no avail. Very frustrating. All Mitsubishi (dealer) has added is that I should just replace the whole bluetooth unit and/or whole entertainment unit. Yeah, right. But they will be willing to try and diagnose for a mere $400. Yeah, right...again. Good to know that I'm not alone out there (although I am sorry it happened to you too).

Old 10-23-2020, 01:14 PM
Default Same issue 2018 outlander did you find a solution ?

Originally Posted by jbraun1984
No, I haven't ever received a reply...even from Mitsubishi. I have been trying to find an answer for a couple of years now to no avail. Very frustrating. All Mitsubishi (dealer) has added is that I should just replace the whole bluetooth unit and/or whole entertainment unit. Yeah, right. But they will be willing to try and diagnose for a mere $400. Yeah, right...again. Good to know that I'm not alone out there (although I am sorry it happened to you too).
2018 outlander. I am trying to find a factory reset but couldn't do so. Dealer also has no answer for the problem

Old 10-23-2020, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mumin
2018 outlander. I am trying to find a factory reset but couldn't do so. Dealer also has no answer for the problem
What Audio unit do you have?

Old 10-24-2020, 11:17 AM

Have you tried pairing it to another phone or an older phone? Sometimes a newer phone won't connect to an older head. Your phone might have had an update that could have caused this.
https://www.lifewire.com/why-your-bl...nt-pair-534650

Old 01-28-2021, 10:39 PM

I just figure out how to fix mine. Put TMC settings on manual. If you put TCM on automat, bluetooth will stop working. Probably because there is no TCM in my area and it keep searching and keep disconnecting bluetooth very 30 seconds. Must be a software bug.