Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Adding Sirius to the MMCS

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 01:58 PM
Default Adding Sirius to the MMCS

Hey all I'm new to the Outlander (2 days owned) we have the 2008 XLS with the NAVIMMCS but not the Sun and sound package I have a Sirius tuner thatI bought for an after market sterio. My question is can I connectthis to the DIN connector on the back of the MMCS and some how unlock or install the Sirius API software on the MMCS to make it all work or am I thinking wishfully?

Old 03-22-2008, 01:32 AM
Default RE: Adding Sirius to the MMCS

The Sirius on the outie is control over the CAN system. It is like the Sat Radio unit connects to the CAN and the audio of the unit is passed to the radio. When you select the 4 diff sirius groups and 6 channels in each group, this info is passed thru the CAN system from either the NAV unit or Standard 6CD radio with sat option.
The Car CAN system must also be told that a SAT tuner is in the system.
You might just end up connection to AUX on the middle console or find it on the NAV unit head.
My question to you is, is the SIRIUS button ghosted or visable on the menu of the head unit? If it is, you can tie the audio of your sat radio to it and have it come out of the RF amps like normal, but not tune you SAT stations from the NAV HEAD.

I think the SAT Option can be had kinda cheap on Ebay.

I hope this helps.. I have changed my 6CD to NAV and installed the Camera BAckup myself.

Old

Next thing is heated mirrors, Need em here in Utah...

Old 03-22-2008, 05:32 AM
Default RE: Adding Sirius to the MMCS

The butting isn't ghosted it is not even on the screen. I figured the programming was either not installed on the head unit or it was hidden and needed to be unlocked for use. Please tell me more about this CAN. I am a Video teleconference engineer so I understand the basics of API and conference room touch screens and controls. It sounds like the CAN is the brain box (like a PRO2 controller) for the MMCS. I might be better off getting a Separate Tuner for Sirius and just adding that in.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by oldpapa1949
The Sirius on the outie is control over the CAN system. It is like the Sat Radio unit connects to the CAN and the audio of the unit is passed to the radio. When you select the 4 diff sirius groups and 6 channels in each group, this info is passed thru the CAN system from either the NAV unit or Standard 6CD radio with sat option.
The Car CAN system must also be told that a SAT tuner is in the system.
You might just end up connection to AUX on the middle console or find it on the NAV unit head.
My question to you is, is the SIRIUS button ghosted or visable on the menu of the head unit? If it is, you can tie the audio of your sat radio to it and have it come out of the RF amps like normal, but not tune you SAT stations from the NAV HEAD.

I think the SAT Option can be had kinda cheap on Ebay.

I hope this helps.. I have changed my 6CD to NAV and installed the Camera BAckup myself.

Old

Next thing is heated mirrors, Need em here in Utah...
Hi,
I'm in the process of changing out my 6CD with Sirius to a aftermarket navigation without Sirius. Can you tell me how to get the SAT option you mentioned from Ebay and use it with the new head unit?
I probably have to the use AUX input but I'm not sure which player is best compatible with the old Sirius antenna wire? Can I reuse the antenna? what's my best option? I paid for the lifetime Sirius service - I hope I can transfer it to the new player.

Thanks for your hlep.