Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Any after market part for outlander 08 ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Default RE: Any after market part for outlander 08 ?

Nice upgrades on the Outtie!.. The Weapon R intake looks sick. getting cold another on both tubes! Do you feel more torque, when you gas it?

Nice stuff!

Old 03-25-2008, 12:08 AM

Hey 2g0s0r1,

I bought the weapon R intake as well, but I didn't get the part that says Spectre on it. Is that the Ram air portion? Was this purchased from weapon R as well or another company? Did you add that portion onto the stockintake ductthat bolts right behind the grill? Right now there is no direct air going onto my intake, it's just all open. I was thinking about trying to get a cold air boxbut that Ram air looking thing you have looks like it would work well. I also added a magna flow but my muffler is in the middleunder the car, a little noisy at times but is bearable.
https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_169596.../tm.htm#169596

Thanks,

Old 03-25-2008, 09:08 AM

Or you could always argue that since regular gas is cheaper, you can drive faster and use the exactsame $ amount of gas to get to where you need to go. So you would get better performance from regular gas!

Old 03-25-2008, 11:57 AM

The "Ram Air" parts that cam with the WeaponR intake was just a peice of dryer tubing like junk. I picked up some Intake piping adapters and a peice of intake tubing at my local Kragen/Pep boys and custom fitted it to the stock intake arm.

If you pop off the front grill with the mitsu logo on the front bumper, you can dremel off a flastic flap that is blocking all the "Ram Air" function of the stock intake arm. You will see what i mean right when you look at it. After i cut it, the air slams into the engine bat like no other. During heavy rains though i put a sock over the piping next to the filter because ALOT of air moves into the engine bay and a bit of rain also. The cut sock works great and takes 10 seconds to slip on.

The magnaflow you used is the straight-through(louder) type and it replaced your stock resonator. That is why it is much louder, I left the stock resonator and got the larger magnaflow series put on the axle-back section. It is quiet, but still definetly has an exhaust note nonetheless.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:33 PM

I checked the k&n website, and they don't even make an air filter for the 07 outie. Is the website wrong??? anyone seen it? priced it? no one can get it here in Ontario.

Old 03-25-2008, 03:00 PM

There is no K&N for the 07+ yet. There have been many requests sent online for it so maybe itll be available someday.

I tried many diffent sizes one day at pepboys but nothing fit good enough to work.

Old 03-25-2008, 04:49 PM

Anyone considered parts from the 08 Lancer, roadrace has tons of stuff. I know the brake system on the Lancer and the Outlander are exactly the same, the underbody is also the same with a few differences, so a lot of suspension components might fit, not sure on that though. But as Far as the breack upgrade kits, those will fit.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:04 AM

Thanks for the info 2g0s0r1. Yea my resonator was removed to begin with but it was way to loud so I had the muffler shop add the resonator back on. Did you have to remove your spare tire so the muffler could fit, or did you just remove it for looks?

Old 03-31-2008, 10:12 AM

I removed the spare when i got the car for both looks and to save a few pounds. All that crap really added up and looked funky. Ive never had to use my spare before so i always ditch them.

(To answer previous Qs)

The exhaust didnt add any noticable power, but "sounds" like it did

The intake added noticable power, mainly when the butterly valvesswitch in the intake manifold... really punches loud and hard (like my old DOHC VTEC motors)