Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Anyone got a door dent yet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 01:02 PM
Default Anyone got a door dent yet?

I now have my first quarter size dent on my drivers side. It isn't deep and has a scracth to it too. [:@]

I have tried dry ice on it and it didn't work.. Anyone have any other DIY ideas? I've been searching and thats the only one i found. It said it suppose to work but it didn't for me for dry ice.

Old 05-26-2008, 02:35 PM
Default RE: Anyone got a door dent yet?

No dents yet, plenty of scratches thanks to my dogs though. I should have had a huge dent in the back after I backed up into a cars left fender, I hit it with the rear right side of the Outtie, got off to inspect the damage and his fender was completelly dented in and my rear right bumper was slightly chiped, not even a dent. This thing is built like a tank....lol.

As far as any DIY tips on dents, I wouldnt try doing anything your self, you may make the problem worse. If it really bothers you, a lot of body shops do dent removals for a fairlly cheap price, chek your local mom & pops bodyshops and shop around a bit. Realistically speaking, I would just ignore it, unless you plan on making the Outtie into a show car and never drive it unless to a car show, dents are just a thing of everyday living , if you live in a big city its just something you're gona have to live with.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:07 AM

If the dent is just above the crease in the door you could just add the side door trim to cover it. There are other posts about it...try a search and you'll see what i'm talking about. I plan to get them, as soon as i have the spare funds

Old 05-27-2008, 02:56 PM

I dont have a door ding but I have a small ding on the drivers side rear wheel well. About the same size, I dont know how it got there or when because I am the guy that parks out in no mans land everywhere I go. My legs arent broken and I can walk the extra 50 feet or so. Anyway, if you have no paint damage call a dent wizard, or dent man what ever they are called. They can work a dent out from the inside with out damaging the paint. Otherwise your going to have to get a dent puller or one of the welding dent pullers and go through the whole process and then bondo up your door. Then paint everything.