Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Auto Power Inverter with USB Power Port

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 10:44 PM
Default RE: Auto Power Inverter with USB Power Port

I am in the process to verify that I have all the hardware in my Out, not yet I install the inverter and I don´t pay by the reprogramming (is free for me ). Dealer said to me that the inverter is of 100 watts output, and tomorrow I will confirm if it is the wiring in the center console, but my dealer said to me that there it is, and that is necessary to replace the interior of the center console by the center console with AC contact…

Old 09-21-2008, 10:10 AM

Side question for everyone but directly related to topic of this thread. I have been using a 300w AC / DC inverter in the cargo area of my outlander, I have noticed that in the event this is on and the DC plug in the center console and the one in the driver space are also in use I will often blow the fuse for the plugs which is a 15w. Now my inverter has 20 20w fuses built into it as well (one for each outlet. Clearly the one for the car is blowing first cause its lower my question is does anyone know of any harm that could be caused to the car by bumping this fuse up to a 20 or a 25. Also noticed the car has its own dedicated 15 for the AC Inverter as well. Since im not going to be using the 100w OEM inverter the same question will apply to this fuse cause the 400w that I am installing will end up blowing the 15w fuse for the circuit any time all 3 outlets are in use at once.

Thoughts?

Old 09-22-2008, 12:40 PM

Anyone have any additional info or documentation on the repgramming to enable this line. I spoke to my service provider and he said they have done this to enable the Inverter cable, since its not a US feature. Since there the only mits service place with in 100 miles i cant really go somewhere else so any info on doing this i can get to provide them would be most helpful.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:49 PM

Just a quick update on this I am a bit confused about the need for any reprogramming to be done after breaking out a meter I have found that the yellow and black lines carry the max current allowed by the AC fuse in the fuse box. The Red, White, and grey lines run directly into the center console below where the AC plug would be located.

It seems to me that since the lines are already in place and carry the correct power to them already the process should be as simple as just plugging in the Inverter to the lines.

Can anyone think of any reason to not just patch into the power lines and throw the inverter in with out the reprogramming that was mentioned aboved?

Old 09-22-2008, 04:40 PM

Ok so I installed a 3rd party inverter and its working perfectly with out the reprogramming mentioned above. So I have this wierd feeling that either the XLS is already programmed for the inverter or the reprogramming is simply not a needed step at all.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:38 AM

The reprogramming is not a needed step...

Mitsu puts the word "reprogramming is needed" only to make sure whoever does it did a good job...