Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

AUX input for IPOD on 09 Outie

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 07:32 AM
Default AUX input for IPOD on 09 Outie

Hi

First post on here so please bear with me!

I recently purchased an 09 Outlander in the UK which has the MMCS with the rear DVD player as well. I attached my ipod to the rca aux input between the first and second row of seats, set the MMCS to Aux and....nothing. The only time I get anything from the MMCS on the AUX setting is the rear DVD audio when it playing (which shouldnt happen). My guess is that the rear DVD has been hard wired into the aux input on the MMCS leaving the rear aux input floating in the air.

Local dealers in the UK are not exactly helpful on this (including the supplying dealer)...not a great first impression.

Thank you for any help you can provide!!!

Old 02-10-2010, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by muggpau
Hi

Local dealers in the UK are not exactly helpful on this (including the supplying dealer)...not a great first impression.
That's not just limited to the UK. We all have that problem...

I am sure jsrd will have the answer for you when he see's this post.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:16 AM

Thanks!

One suggestion from the dealer is that this is only as a feed into the rear DVD..will give it a go.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:10 AM

If you are talking about the jacks on the back of the center console between the driver and passenger seat... mine works fine to play my MP3 player.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:08 PM

hi
yep those are the ones, on that basis i wonder if there is a wiring fault..what do you have the MMCS set on?

Old 02-10-2010, 12:43 PM

muggpau, I have MMCS+AUX+OEM RES, and AUX&RES shares the same audio/video circuit to MMCS, so, only is possible to play one source, RES or AUX, not both, and in my MMCS screen is showed 'Rear Display' button instead 'AUX' button; if I want to play both, I see interference in my MMCS. It's probable that your AUX inputs aren't wired towards the MMCS, or that is unplugged on the MMCS back side, you would have to check it. . .

Last edited by jsrd; 02-10-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by muggpau
hi
yep those are the ones, on that basis i wonder if there is a wiring fault..what do you have the MMCS set on?
I set my MMCS to AUX.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:51 AM

Thanks for your help on this, looks like checking the wiring out is the way forward.
Best wishes.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:04 AM

You can to see the next threads for check the wiring from AUX inputs to MMCS:
https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/sh...ighlight=c-117
https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/sh...hlight=harness

Saludos. . .

Old 02-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Default Sorry JSRD-I know it is the wrong thread

Hello Jsrd,

I have approached you a few times to comment about my approach to the rear fog light, without success.

I managed to install and light 2-rear fog lights by turning the stalk switch in the steering wheel. This effect did come about after using the MUT-iii to indicate to the ETACS-ECU that there is rear fog light in the vehicle. However the situation seems to contradict your version:

Q: rcpax
“so you mean to say if the ETACS was programmed correctly, the rear fog indicator on the gauge cluster will light up, and there is an actual bulb/LED built-in already? So what you did was just to add an LED so it will light up because your ETACS was not programmed?”

A: jsrd
“Rcpax, the OEM LED for rear fog is actually in my MMCS, I installed the LED by reason why you comment...”

Although I managed to activate the rear fog light relay in the ETACS-ECU with the stalk switch (lighting switch) signal I haven’t managed to light any rear fog light LED in the instrumentation cluster. In other words it seems that programming the ETACS-ECU didn’t light the LED (rear fog light) in the cluster although according to “jsrd” the LED bulb is already there. By turning the lighting switch to position rear “fog light” it will light only the rear fog light bulbs.

Why you didn’t use the same LED bulb already in the cluster instead of adapting a new one?

So what I did I do wrong? Or what is wrong? The only 2-answer to this problem may be (1) - there isn’t LED bulb in the instrumentation cluster to illuminate the rear fog light icon in my vehicle, or (2) – the ETACS-ECU is not releasing a signal to turn ON the rear fog light LED circuit.

Could you or some members give some clues to this problem?