Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

3.5 mm AUX input jack for Montero to play MP3 player or iPod

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 10:34 AM
Default 3.5 mm AUX input jack for Montero to play MP3 player or iPod

Hi all,

I have a 2003 Mitsubishi Montero Limited with Infinity sound and I would like to add a 3.5 mm AUX input for an iPod or MP3 player. I have noticed that there are a lot of posts on this topic all over the internet, but I have been unable to determine the best way to add this option. Two things are worth mentioning up front:

1. I realize that a new aftermarket head unit generally is the best option, but the aftermarket head units distort the Infinity system. I had one installed previously and it made the sound quite flat / dulled compared to the Infinity receiver. I had the same issue in my 2007 Outlander with the R/F system.

2. My Monty did not come with a CD changer, so I am not sure if my head unit has the CD2 or AUX function. When I press and hold the CD button, nothing happens. I ordered another one on eBay that supposedly had this function, but I could not get it to switch over either. My plan was to use the 13 pin input to plug in a 3.5 jack, but it is not clear that this will work.

So, does anyone have any advice on how to get an AUX input set up? If you have photos or links, I would be overjoyed

Thanks!

Aaron