Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Back-Up Camera Solution

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 11:47 AM
Default RE: Back-Up Camera Solution

Tbanucci - no need to be cocky. Your solution is not quite "intelligent" since it's a known fact that add-on back-up cameras are available on the market. Like other members said, the chalange is to hook up a back-up camera to the OEM Navi system and have it work in the same fashion as the OEM one available in other markets. If you have any "intelligent" solution for this problem post it here and some members will thank you.
FYI: By the time I posted, the discussion was technically killed anyway by the previous posters, otherwise I would have not posted even though I stand by my opinion.

Soundcolor - YOU are the BIG DODO of this forum, butin a good way.This is part of the funcoming here.Nooffense taken. Excited today, picking up my RED Outie.

Off topic - speaking of technology in the cars, have you guys seen the video with some guys trying to park the Lexus LS460 using the car's self-parking technology? That's some piece of useless technology IMO.

Old 03-28-2007, 12:51 PM

ORIGINAL: dodo2

Off topic - speaking of techology in the cars, have you guys seen the video with some guys trying to park the Lexus LS460 using the car's self-parking techology? That's some piece of useless technology IMO.
Yeah that ad would be more convincing if they had put my wifey in the car. [sm=roll.gif]

Old 03-28-2007, 01:35 PM

What the heck. Here it is the link anyway for those of you who haven't seen it:
http://www.automobilemag.com/multime...460_auto_park/

Old 03-28-2007, 01:44 PM

Dodo, that is freakin hilarious, and I appreciate being called the Big DODO... LOL... shows me just who I am...
LOL, thats the funniest **** ever.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:04 PM

Now that I'm at it, I remember another video about Mercedes demonstrating for the press the new"Accident Avoidance Technology" in their cars. It ended with a 4-5, $100K,cars pile up. I'll try to find the link b/c it was funny too.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:07 PM

you have to find that ****, I gotta see it.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:53 PM

OK.It was 3 carpile-up Here it is the page that has the link to the video.
http://www.leftlanenews.com/video-of...c-pile-up.html
Click on " posted a video on its website" hyperlink and enjoy. It's in German though, but the images speak for themselves.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:05 PM
JMC

Wow...who would buy something like this? Would you really like to look at this tiny screen to see what's behind you? Please stop.........

Old 03-28-2007, 04:23 PM

ya know, its about like that Lexus ****... why woul you ever use that.
With the lexus ****, i might use it to show off every now and again, but why would I use it otherwise. I mean, damn... I can park faster and better than that with my eyes closed.
And just what is mercedes trying to accomplish with that ****. I mean, if your not going to pay attention, then you dont need to be behind the wheel of a car anyway... Oh well, cant win em all can you

Old 03-28-2007, 06:08 PM

You guys definitely have a problem reading whole posts. It's like you read the first three words, decide I am insulting you, and decide to reply with something completely off topic like a car self-parking itself.

I never said MY solution was intelligent- even though it is in many people's opinions. I was referring to rdenis's thread about installing backup through the current NAV system. I DID say this was an alternative for those who did not want to go through all the work that rdenis is going through.

Finally, the "look backwards and park" bit is getting old. I have an Acura Integra that I would love a backup cam on when parallel parking because I can get within an inch of the car behind me. This is a low car with ample rear view room, and currently, it is difficult to even get within 2 feet of the car behind me. I also have an Acura MDX with a back-up cam and it has saved my neighbor's dog's life, as well as another neighbor's kid who decided to run right in back of me from a blind spot. I don't care how much rear-view room you have in the Outlander, you can't see EVERYTHING that is behind you unless you cut a hole out of the floor and stick your head through it. It sounds like you two (dodo2 and soundcolor) are there already. I doubt you saw that though since you have not read this far.

Quick Reply: Back-Up Camera Solution