Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Back-Up Camera Solution

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 07:16 PM
Default RE: Back-Up Camera Solution

Tbanucci:

When you wrote in your reply "stay out of the thread unless you have something intelligent to contribute" you were a little bit too aggresive. Far from me to feel insulted,but you have no right to tell me or anyone else to stay out ofany thread. This is the moderator's job and only if the posts are offensive. If you didn't notice so far, it is very common for every forum that people make fun, are sarcastic, often go off-topic, etc., but thisis the nature of these forums.
Your original post stated that you found a "good solution" for the Outlander back-up camera. This, combined with your "advice" for me to stay out unless I have something "intelligent" (this was your word not mine and I used " in my reply) made me believe that you think that your solution was "intelligent". Like Antlip and Soundcolor stated before me that using add-on equipment is a well known solution so you did not bring anyting new to the table (should I say "intelligent")? They also explained what Rdenis and other members are looking for (did you read their posts and Rdenis' thread?).
In your last post you are aggresive again by writting: "I don't care how much rear-view room you have in the Outlander, you can't see EVERYTHING that is behind you unless you cut a hole out of the floor and stick your head through it. It sounds like you two (dodo2 and soundcolor) are there already. I doubt you saw that though since you have not read this far."
IMHO, the back-up camera it's not a substitute for good driving skills. I can park everywhere without a back-up camera and I have been doing so for longtime.The back-up camera does not save lives either, but good driving skills do. I back out from my driveway when kids are playing around, pedestrians are walking on the sidewalk and cars are driving on the road. What do I do? I'm alert, move slowly and continously check my surroundings. Like I said before, it works for me. Does it mean I live in the past? No. I think it means I can drive a car without a back-up camera. Do you?
If you NEED a back-up camera to feel safe manouvering your car, that's another story. You should not buy an Outlander or any other car without a back-up camera. Or any car?
One last thing: I, personally, did not feel insultedby your posts, and, like I explained before, I don't think I hijacked this thread since it was already dead before my first post.
I hope everything is clear for you now and we can move one, learnand have some fun.

Old 03-28-2007, 07:35 PM

Seriously, you are just turning this into a flame war and I don't care to get into it and waste my time. The only thing you have contributed to this thread is that you know how to turn around and look -like the rest of us. What I meant by staying out of the thread unless you have something intelligent to say is exactly this. I pointed out this device for people that ARE SEARCHING FOR THIS ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION.

I get it- you don't want a backup camera. Great, then don't get it. I am just pointing out this device for people that DO want it. Your posts are annoying and off-base because you are telling us that the rest of us don't need a backup camera! How do you know what the rest of the people that look at this forum want and don't want?

I'm not being aggressive in these resonses at all- you may be reading between the lines. I'm just trying to get you to understand that your opinion is just that, an opinion. You don't need to keep telling the rest of us that we don't need a backup camera. I agree, a backup camera is not the neccessity of life, but then again, either is a car, or a forum that talks about cars, or Twinkies.... But some of us want these things to enjoy life more, so I have posted a simple ALTERNATIVE on attaining that.

I'm an excellent driver and have only recently had a backup camera in one of my cars in the past 20 years, please don't try and turn this thread into a flame war about how great of a driver you are and how dangerous we are. Not only is that not the case, but it has nothing to do with having a backup camera.

Old 03-28-2007, 07:44 PM
JMC

Who was looking for this? Plus...this has been talked about before.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:50 PM

Wait, wait wait... Now I will tolerate a ceratian amount of bashing, especially by people that have been around here for a while.. No offense bro, but you posted a thread and titled it as "back up camera solution"
To me, that says alot. Tells me you have checked into every available option, and come up with THE SOLUTION... thus saith the lord, n ****.
I didnt bash you... Me, I can see whats behind me, and pay enough attention to know what is going to be behind me. Before I get in my car and go anywhere, I try to be that whole responsible adult thing people keep telling you about. I stop, look around, If I see a dog, or kid, I devote part of my brain function to watching them... When I back up... i, like most people should, USE ALL OF MY MIRRORS. this gives me a great idea of what is coming, and where that stuff is at. Also, when backing into a space, I tend to already know the approxomate size of my vehicle... I know about how far I can back up without hitting anyting.
Me, i drive my oldest daughter to the bus stop every day she has school. Then, I BACK-UP all the way to my house.... Its only like 200 yards, Guess what, I run about 20mph or more in reverse, everyday... I never have a problem... It may help though that i tend to have to pull a trailer almost everday.... So, i guess it just comes natural to me.
I can understand the whole lowered car deal... I cant even slide my foot under my 00civic si... but ya know what, It doesnt stop me from being able to park that thing... I have never hit anything backing into a space, or backing out of one... I, like anyone that knows how to pay attention, an put my car exactly where I want... without a damn camera...
You think your camera is great... sure it can help you judge distances.. .but just how large of a field of view does it give you in close distances.. .My eyes give me a full panoramic view all the way around the car, using just my eyes, and my mirrors, I can park my car perfectly every time... Its amazing I know, but dont knock it till you've tried it.

I am going to agree with DODO here. He straight up bashed me, but guess what, it was all in good humor, and I didnt take it abusive, or offensivly at all. Its the nature of the beast. I tend to be a bit of a jerk, thats part of who I am, and there is another good reason, which if you searched around a bit on this particular forum, you would know why... Most people look past my sarcasm, and chalk it up to the frustration that is my life at this point. Sorry if you didnt know. We all have lifes, and we all have **** happen to us.... I view each and every person on here as a PERSON, and someone that I can rely on if I have too. I would want people here to feel the same way about me. We all have common ground, but we are all car guys, and thus are all inherently jerks... No-one is going to take it well when you start telling them to buzz off. As DODO stated, thats the MODS job...

No offense, i like you, but if you havent noticed, threads on here can ramble on for 10 pages, and change topic 20 times a page... Dont like it.... well, either deal with it or move on... Dont like someones opinion, deal with it, or move on....

Good luck to you little buddy...

Old 03-28-2007, 08:55 PM

Oh, and all i originally stated, was that, that was not the solution that people around here were going to be lookin for, They wanted something that intergrated into their stock system... thats all I said... LOL[sm=itsok.gif]

Old 03-28-2007, 09:28 PM

[sm=partyparty.gif]Ahhhh someone learned the smileys.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:45 PM

And I owe it all to you... Your the man..

[sm=thanx.gif]

Old 03-29-2007, 02:18 AM

Dude, re-read what I posted and you will find the answer to your rant. [sm=wakeup.gif]

And no, I don't hate anyone here if that is how you feel.... I really don't know why you guys keep bringing that into it. And please don't make me keep using smilies.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:40 AM

[sm=happy046.gif]oh come on, there fun... [sm=chairshot.gif]

Old 03-29-2007, 09:43 AM

They make me Name:  laughing2.gif
Views: 480
Size:  13.0 KB

Quick Reply: Back-Up Camera Solution