Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

bad reviews?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 08:40 PM
Default bad reviews?

How come everywhere I read online, the media rates the Outlander as one of worst SUV's compared to it's competitors?

It's always at the bottom of the rankings.

I always thought that this vehicle is of great value for the money for what you get.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Old 10-11-2017, 12:12 PM

Yeah, I know what you mean. Rankings and reviews use a certain criteria that I don't disagree with. I don't think the Outlander is the best driving CUV in it's class. Others on this forum disagree with me. But I got it for different reasons that rankings don't necessarily weigh heavily. Reliability of a tried and true powertrain and AWD system, small foot print, 3 rows, and bells and whistles. The rankings weigh much more on driving performance, but you are splitting hairs in a CUV. None will drive all that great compared to performance sedans unless you're getting a Macan, but I don't think that has 3 rows either.

Again, I don't disagree with the rankings at face value, but I also think they weigh categories different than I did for my needs. I am coming up on 2 years with this car and it has delivered exactly as expected. For 3 rows in this small of a car, there aren't many options, including most of those on the CUV rankings. Not trying to sell this car to anyone, just know what your needs are. Oh yeah, the price helps too.

Old 10-11-2017, 07:03 PM

I could not agree more...great bang for the buck..AWC..I get 32 MPG regularly.and I paid $31,500 OTD...here in Canada for an SE...5 passenger no 3rd row..thats is considered an OK price for my 2015. I love this brand and hope they stick around in Canada forever. Cheers!

Old 01-18-2018, 01:48 PM

rankings are for advertising points and commercials. Ived worked at a few ad companies and when you hear that a product or a car is number 1 in so much, you look at who is the top sponsor for that magazine, TV show, or other ad and you see why. In most modern countries like the USA and or Canada you see more modern cars with gadgets and electronics, cameras and all this crap that just weighs down the car. in other countries they are driving plain core Toyotas, Suzukis, Mitsubishis and nissan SUVs that sell in greater numbers than here in the USA or Canada. Why do those countries pick and use those cars more? because they last longer and are tougher. in the USA its all about how many cameras or sensors you can get with your car. its why people have so many accidents, they depend so much on all these other tools instead of paying attention to the road and the type of car they are diving.