Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Brake Issues plus "ASC Off" on my 2007 Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 08:12 AM
Default Brake Issues plus "ASC Off" on my 2007 Outlander

I started getting an "ASC Off" warning display sequence. When that started to show on the display I did notice any change in driveability. After a few hundred miles of driving, I noticed the brake pedal was sinking more than normal, and somewhat spongy. I had previously replaced all calipers, rotors, and pads. Next symptoms to appear were: pedal sank nearly to the floor, brakes were not grabbing properly (seemed two corners were not working, while the other two locked resulting in skidding on slippery surfaces), I noticed rust on two of the rotors...fluid level was going down even though no signs of leakage on the driveway nor calipers (I suspect the master cylinder is leaking into the vacuum booster). I refilled the brake fluid reservoir, bled the four calipers (some air on two calipers...the two that the rotors were showing rust, as if the caliper pistons were being impacted by the air within the lines), topped off the reservoir, and test drove the Outlander. The "ASC Off" warning was no longer displaying, and hasn't shown since. The brakes are only marginally improved, and the pedal still sinks, plus I'm now hearing a noise transferring through the pedal assembly.

Before falling into the change more parts (master cylinder is at the top of my list) method, I'm hoping someone knows of some testing procedures, etc.

Thanks

Old 02-27-2018, 10:17 AM
Default Proper Bleeding

Did the brake lines get a proper bleed? There is a sequence to use

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
bleeding outlander.pdf (114.4 KB, 150 views)
Old 02-27-2018, 03:31 PM

No. I bled: RR, LR, RF, and LF (bleeding sequence).
Thanks "binzd". I'll re-try according to your posted sequence. I incorrectly assumed farthest from the reservoir to the closest (I forgot about LR and RF being on the same supply line).
Steve

Old 08-21-2020, 06:24 PM

By any chance did you fix your problem with the sinking brake pedal im Having the same problem with my 07 outlander I changed all the brakes and calipers and rotors I did the rear and they were fine but once I changed ed front calipers thats where it all started and I checked for leaks and theres nothing and I bleed everything even the new master cylinder and it still sinks so please help