Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Brand new DPF still constant regenerations.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2024 | 03:59 AM
|
Default Brand new DPF still constant regenerations.

@DibbyDibbyDJ

Hi mate.
Don't know if you've seen any of my other posts but been having major issues with constant dpf regenerations.

I had a faulty injector no.4 causing juddery driving, which I've replaced for a refurbished one. Injector no.1 was puffing due to a loose carrier bolt. Nipped it up and no longer puffing.

​​​​​​Common crack in exhaust manifold welded up.
New turbo cartridge last year.
MAF cleaned, have looked for leaks. Only leak I found was turbo intake hose had a split underneath. Fixed that.

Just recently replaced the DPF for a brand new one and fixed all exhaust leaks.
Still getting constant regens.
Even from brand spanking new, within 40 odd miles, the new DPF regenerated.
How much soot is this thing making!

Diagnostics says everything is fine. At this stage I'm going out of my mind.

A couple of other issues though. When I take the oil filler cap off there is exhaust fumes coming out. Been doing this pretty much since I bought it though.
If these are getting sucked back into the intake via the breather could this be causing too much soot?

The only other thing is this crazy sucking noise that sounds like a blow off valve going off when I accelerate then quickly release the throttle.
It only does this when regenerating and assume is because the throttle is closed. Still doesn't seem right.

I've got loads of data readouts.
Any chance you can take a look at them and give me any pointers? Would really appreciate it.

Really need somebody's help here. If I can't solve it then it's going to have to go.

​​​​​​

​​