Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

A/c issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 08:32 AM

I looked this AM... I couldn't actaully see the fans I might need a flashlight..

It seemed like the fan was in the middle from where the airflow was and the sound...

I'll try and look better when I'm not in a rush to get to work....

The fan definitely cycled on and off with the A/C compressor.

Old 07-21-2015, 05:35 PM

OK I just checked...

There are 2 fans..
The one closest to the driver side has a blue connector 4 wire and the one on the passenger side has a 4 wire grey connector.

Car was sitting in hot garage for a few hours, pulled it out and looked in with a flashlight. Ext temp sensor reading 28c did all this testing within 5 minutes of starting it.

Climate system off -> Both fans stopped

Climate system on but near correct temp -> Both fans running at low speed barely audible.

Climate system on set to max (15 or whatever) -> Both fans screaming

It looks like they may be possibly controlled separately but I don't have a wiring diagram.. They could be connected together somewhere down the line. I couldn't find a situation where they ran at different speeds or one stopped while the other was running though.

Might want to pull that connector and re-seat it.. I had a power headlight that seemed dead and it was just the connector wasn't properly engaged.

I saw a video (on a lancer not sure what year) but the cooling fan controller was bolted to the back of the fans (little black box) and it only had 3 wires from the PCM (+, GND and control) so I don't even think the system can control them separately unless the fan controller is doing some kind of jiggerypokery or they changed the design for the newer cars.

Last edited by Guyfromhe; 07-21-2015 at 06:06 PM.
Old 09-05-2015, 02:11 AM

The dealership said it liiks like the upper case isn't sealing and its back ordered for three weeks. Looks like i'll have to make another 17hr trip in the spring.