2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

A disturbing issue about mitsubishi

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 10:23 PM
Default A disturbing issue about mitsubishi

Well I was on google searching for some seat covers and what not anyways I came across this website www.deadeclipse.com It almost scared me to death and I fearfor my car and how long it will last now, will u guys please look at it and give me some feed back on what u thinkhttp://www.deadeclipse.com

Old 01-12-2004, 08:28 PM

ok what i see on that site there is some truth to it front rotors will go out of round but the rust and duct tape NO WAY that car has been to a body shop somewhere between the dealer and the customer can't prove it but expect it......runs in paint , rust in door jambs, never seen it in the years i worked for Mitsu ..</P>

rattle dash aahhh theres a maybe there but most likely i see it has been in a collision and the dash was not properly re-installed dash could have been removed due to air bags popping maybe wiring issues...but there is a possabilty the dash may rattle with no collision involved whisch a little foam installed between rubbing plastis peices would cure ,thats how it would be done at any dealership for the ol dash rattle if due to plastic rubbing and not missing screws due to poor re-instalation.</P>

the brakes do wear quick if the rears are out of adjustment or if drivin hard .no matter what warranty usually helps the customer the best they can.</P>

Bromo rotors WILL cure the warping rotor problem ...take it from someone who has been there and made alot of people happy about there mitsu brake trouble</P>

alot of techs get troubled by this because warranty time pays alot less that a customer pay job...</P>

Mitsubishi's warranty is pretty outstanding things are covered that makes a tech want to cry but that IS a good thing. and most of the people i seen on a daily basis are very happy with the service they receive but you can not satisfy everyone all the time.</P>

if you want a Galant or any other mitsubishi just do a backround check on the car if it is used any good dealership will pull a service?warranty record free of charge</P>

and also if used pick up what i really don't like to see as a Tech...Extended warranty worth every penny the first time you really need to use it .</P>

any other questions about Mitsubishi's drop me a line and will tell you straight forward what you want to know about them</P>

Rick</P>

Old 01-12-2004, 11:04 PM

Well im glad to know all of that. My eclipse has 94, 000 miles and encounting and it still runs fine. Anyways what dealer do you work for?</P>

Old 01-12-2004, 11:44 PM

AllI can really say about whereI work is that it is in the Northeast Region</P>

and that the training facility is in New Jersey</P>

if theres any other Mitsutechs out there they should know where i'm talking about</P>

Old 01-13-2004, 12:57 AM

I was wondering if you could answer this question, at your dealer do you have a parts section and how much would stock leather seats for a 1996 gs spyder eclipse cost?

Old 01-13-2004, 10:47 AM

<FONT size=3>to buy a new set of leather seats at the dealer , I can tell you this , you would be much better off having the seats you have already ,covered in leather or buy a used set in decent shape, </FONT></P>

<FONT size=3>I'm going to throw a guess at the price of around 600.00 a seat. if not more ,</FONT></P>

<FONT size=3>dealer prices for parts like that can really hurt the pocket</FONT></P>

<FONT size=3>but if you insist i can get a definite price even with an employe discount there expensive</FONT></P>

Old 01-14-2004, 02:15 PM

thanks for the info. Nah u dont have to get me a discount but thanks a lot for the offer man.

Old 02-23-2004, 02:15 PM

I have leather seats, front and back that I'll sell if the price is right. I want new ones anyway. there is nothing wrong with them, no tears, or whole, anything, power works great. my '97 has 62,000 on it so their in great shape. bad thing, I live in iowa so shippin may be a prob. hit me up on it though

Old 02-26-2004, 09:32 PM

Damn man i just bought a custom pair of leather seats http://myeclipse.8m.com/seat1.htmlbut thanks for the offer i wulda bought them a month ago lol

Old 02-27-2004, 01:55 PM

nice car. you are better off with the ones you got, mine are tan. (don't think that would have looked as good) but if you know anyone that needs/wants some, let them know to talk to me