Centre panel needs parking etc lights on to work - Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Old 10-12-2017, 04:30 PM

Default Centre panel needs parking etc lights on to work

Radio works fine but the centre panel of my 2010 Outlander SE "only works" when at least the parking lights are ON. *Display is OFF, doesn't hold time settings, nor do any of the buttons on the panel have any effect. Panel backlight goes ON with the lights (as expected). All fuses are fine and inspection of the wiring behind the panel and radio has revealed no apparent wire damage. I don't think the panel is broken - my hunch is some wires are swapped and improperly connected at the connectors. I checked and two of the 16 pins of the plug of the wiring harness for the panel change from 0V to 12V when I turn the lights ON, two other pins** carry 12 V all the time - even when the ignition key is OFF and independent of the lights. **these could be used to supply the clock with power.

Is there a wiring diagram I can cross check before I begin experimenting with the pin connections?

Thanks!

Related issues:

https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mi...y-radio-44502/

https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mi...o-44502/page2/