Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

dealer WRECKED my outlander

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by azjake
Do what you think is right, but any used car appraiser who knows what he is doing can tell if a vehicle has been repaired just by looking for telltale signs regardless of what the carfax says.
This is so NOT true, if job done right no one is going to notice. As a matter of fact I traded in my 06 TSX with repaired bumper for 07 Outlander and "appraiser" didn't say anything. Although I would never recommend doing trade-ins because no matter how perfect your car is you'll get less money then from private sale.

Old 06-09-2009, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by azjake
Do what you think is right, but any used car appraiser who knows what he is doing can tell if a vehicle has been repaired just by looking for telltale signs regardless of what the carfax says.

Now as far as the argument that a dealer is not going to care that your car was damaged and repaired. Put yourself in the shoes of the person who might be interested in buying your outlander.

If you had a choice between your outlander and an identical one (same price) that had not been in an accident, which one would you choose? Dealers are in the business to make money and regardless of how minor the damage to your outlander was, dealers know its going to affect its resale value which in turn will affect your trade-in value.
so what is the right thing to do if you are in my position?

Old 06-09-2009, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by klas
This is so NOT true, if job done right no one is going to notice. As a matter of fact I traded in my 06 TSX with repaired bumper for 07 Outlander and "appraiser" didn't say anything. Although I would never recommend doing trade-ins because no matter how perfect your car is you'll get less money then from private sale.
i believe this is true but im not 100% sure because haven't tried trade-in yet. last week went to honda and vw.looked for the odyssey touring and vw routan. did'nt like it very much aside from the space. i have them give me numbers for the trade-in value witch is my 07xls sun and sound luxury package and the package that includes the scuff plates side moulding and tail protector. $21000 was the trade-in value from vw 19500 from honda. i think that is a good value. the guys from honda said don't you gys drive? because it only has 14k+. they first said they will drive it but the appraiser said., nah it's so new will just be adding miles. so they just look around the car and admire. on that moment i think i still love my outlander more than the odessey so i went home.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:07 PM

IMO-THey owe you a new vehicle. But thats just me,I would seriously complain to the point where they get so scared that they have no choice but to cave in to your demands....

Old 06-09-2009, 04:32 PM

If the dealer does not log the repair where it will show up on Carfax then they are NOT a reputable dealer and might even be breaking the law by hiding it.

Sounds like it's time to get one of those no fee lawyers you see on TV like Keller and Keller etc. I'd tell them I wanted a new/used car of the same make, model, color, same or lower mileage, options etc that has never been wrecked.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by BrokeDad
If the dealer does not log the repair where it will show up on Carfax then they are NOT a reputable dealer and might even be breaking the law by hiding it.

Sounds like it's time to get one of those no fee lawyers you see on TV like Keller and Keller etc. I'd tell them I wanted a new/used car of the same make, model, color, same or lower mileage, options etc that has never been wrecked.
i think this is right. i won't buy a vehicle that's been to an accident and repaired if i knew it. it is unfair. but i picked that dealership from the mitsu site. they are the only one who have a diamond service award. thats why eventhough it is 60 miles away we went there.

i haven't seen that keller&keller tv ad here in nevada.

to compensate the damage they refunded our $199 for the 15k maintenance service fee. after that they almost ignored us and doesn't talk to us anymore. always on the phone or walk away when i ask something. they think they've done ther part.

yes i started to think they owe me a new car. but how will i start?

Old 06-09-2009, 05:30 PM

i don't get what you mean by wrecked. what was the damage?
how would a pothole cause a wreck? was there a collision?

Old 06-09-2009, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Elisha
i don't get what you mean by wrecked. what was the damage?
how would a pothole cause a wreck? was there a collision?
not a pothole but a pole. you know the base of the pole is a rounded concrete. the damage is in the back. the lights broken bumper crumpled. the body warped the door dent.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:49 PM

Do not accept the refund .. do not accept the repair .. do not take back possession of the car from the dealer .. pay for the rental yourself or borrow a car from someone. If you accept any compensation you could damage your chances of getting what you want. This is the advice of my brother in law who is a lawyer.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by BrokeDad
Do not accept the refund .. do not accept the repair .. do not take back possession of the car from the dealer .. pay for the rental yourself or borrow a car from someone. If you accept any compensation you could damage your chances of getting what you want. This is the advice of my brother in law who is a lawyer.
but they refunded as immediatelly after the accident yesterday. we're kind of shocked at that moment so we accepted it. also we have the rented car a mazda6 08 model because we need to go home that night. we will return it after the repair is finished. so what do you think can i still not accept repair. i think they haven't done anything yet on the damaged car because they said they will wait for the parts. i want to contact a lawyer but i don't know if i can afford. is there a free consultation lawyer. and if i use a lawyer can i have the dealer pay for it?

Quick Reply: dealer WRECKED my outlander