Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

disable the ultrasonic sensor???

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Default disable the ultrasonic sensor???

Hi, I recently bought a '10 outlander LS, awesome ride, anyways, I just found out I can't park my car in the garage with the windows open, and doors locked, any motion outside the car would set the alarm off right away, which I find ridiculous.

It's winter now, so not a huge problem, but when summer time comes, I can't leave my windows open and doors locked?? or have passenger in the car while I run on a short errand??

Is there anyway to disable the ultrasonic sensor? while still able to lock the door and activate the alarm?? I don't want to disable the sensor total, just from time to time.

TIA

Gary

Old 11-17-2010, 03:14 PM

Page 3-69 and 3-70 of the owner manual. (Canadian English)

With the ignition switch at LOCK lift the wiper lever to the mist position for 3-4 seconds.

1 beep mean the ultra sonic sensor and the impact detection are OFF.

To re instate the ultra sonic and the impact detection just do it again and you should get 2 beeps to confirm.

This is useful when you leave the car in a mobile automatic car park that is common in Japan and Europe.

Also according to the book, Unlocking the doors and the tailgate using the FAST key or turning the ignition to ACC or ON will re-enable the feature.

Last edited by Claude_A; 11-17-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:58 AM

I just bought the 2010 outlander with a remote starter. I didn't know about the sensor when I had the remote starter installed at the dealership. Because of the sensor my alarm went off the first morning I tried to warm up the car. I called the dealership, they said I have to keep the vent on the floor/windshield and only use the fan for 1/3 of the way. Needless to say it will not defrost my front windshield. I am not pleased. So I guess my question is, do I need to disabled the sensor with the method above every time I get out of the car or can it be permanently disabled?

Thanks

Old 11-19-2010, 08:04 AM

Every time as the manual say, just starting the car will reset the system.

This is in the Canadian model, if yours is different, check you Owner manual around page 3-69 ,70.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:30 PM

I have the same issue. Everytime I go into a store and leave the sunroof open. I get the "Dude is that your car alarm?" I wish you could change the sensitivity.
Mike

Old 11-22-2010, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by chek6
I have the same issue. Everytime I go into a store and leave the sunroof open. I get the "Dude is that your car alarm?" I wish you could change the sensitivity.
Mike

I only get that, at home
at mcdonalds
at best buy.
at _____________

fill in the blank. This crap is ridiculous.
Windows shut, sunroof shut, doors shut.

Old 11-27-2010, 04:55 AM

ask your dealer, they can change sensibility by ETAC ecu coding. Level 1(default) is high sens. and level 4 is low. Or you can disconnect ultra sonic behind dome light.