Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Driver door won't unlock 2017 outlander phev (UK)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 09:46 AM
Default Driver door won't unlock 2017 outlander phev (UK)

Hi, I'd appreciate some help please. So I was sitting in my car with the engine/power on. I rummaged around in my pocket and accidentally pressed a button on my remote. Suddenly, the lights flashed and all the doors locked. Pressing the lock/unlock button usually has no effect when the engine/power is on. I turned the power off and pressed unlock on the fob. The indicators/blinkers flashed, but the driver's side didn't unlock. (I had to climb out through the window). I tried all the doors and the tailgate. They all work. But the driver's door seems to be stuck in a permanent deadlock/deadbolt situation that the fob cannot unlock. The actual, physical key can't unlock it either. Can someone tell me wth is going on please? Did I inadvertently activate a secret (annoying) setting, or is the door just broke?

Old 04-05-2021, 11:38 AM
Old 04-06-2021, 09:26 PM

Did you check your fuses it's just a guess.

Old 10-12-2021, 04:04 AM

Did you manage to fix this? I have had the same problem.

Originally Posted by George E
Hi, I'd appreciate some help please. So I was sitting in my car with the engine/power on. I rummaged around in my pocket and accidentally pressed a button on my remote. Suddenly, the lights flashed and all the doors locked. Pressing the lock/unlock button usually has no effect when the engine/power is on. I turned the power off and pressed unlock on the fob. The indicators/blinkers flashed, but the driver's side didn't unlock. (I had to climb out through the window). I tried all the doors and the tailgate. They all work. But the driver's door seems to be stuck in a permanent deadlock/deadbolt situation that the fob cannot unlock. The actual, physical key can't unlock it either. Can someone tell me wth is going on please? Did I inadvertently activate a secret (annoying) setting, or is the door just broke?

Old 01-07-2022, 06:12 AM
Talking PHEV 2016 tailgate locking

Recently bought used PHEV .

Maybe some help but I have just worked out that when locking vehicle one needs to remember that if you remain near the vehicle, the key fob " communicates" and tailgate can be opened. In turn this appears to effectively unlock the car.

BUT by locking vehicle with key fob and walking away WITH KEY the vehicle remains locked.

Not intuitive to me but i now know the locking system is OK and working fine!

Old 10-27-2022, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by George E
Hi George E, did you get a solution to the problem?