Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Driver seat move....

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Claude_A
My power seat move also just a wee bit in braking or accelerating disconcerting but you get used to it.
If this is adjustable I would love to know.

For the creak/squeak I had it to but it did not come from the dash.

It seem to, but it comes from the back.

I got rid of it by insulating the two metal loop that keep the useless temporary seat latched down in the back.

Open the seat and on the floor of the hole you will see two square loops I wrapped the top part with low friction nylon tape (2 turns each) I don't know how long these will last but it's working so far.

The idea is that the seat assembly is jumping up and down against there latches with road vibration.
Great idea! I was trying to get rid of the squeaks lubricating the joints of 3rd row but no luck. I will try to check if you solution works for me.

Last edited by Vadimus; 12-04-2010 at 08:25 AM.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:58 PM

Hooray for Claude_A!

Wrapped latches with 2 layers of ordinary black electric tape. Annoying sound is gone!

Here is the pic of latches (before treatment):

Old 12-04-2010, 04:47 PM

The tape I used is from Lee Valley. They have 3 stores in TO.

Just in case the electrical tape is not tough enough.

This UHMW (ultra-high molecular weight) tape is used wherever you need to reduce friction between two surfaces. This is a transparent, PSA-backed, 5 mil tape that is incredibly tough.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...at=1,110,43466

Glad it helped ....

Old 12-04-2010, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Claude_A
The tape I used is from Lee Valley. They have 3 stores in TO.

Just in case the electrical tape is not tough enough.

This UHMW (ultra-high molecular weight) tape is used wherever you need to reduce friction between two surfaces. This is a transparent, PSA-backed, 5 mil tape that is incredibly tough.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...at=1,110,43466

Glad it helped ....
Thanks again!

Yeah, I know electrical tape won't last long but it allowed me to see if those latches are the source of noise.

And I know lots of places where this magic tape can be useful too!
Will definitely order.

Last edited by Vadimus; 12-04-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:06 AM

I have the same problem with the drivers seat.
Don't know why there hasn't been a recall as it is a bit of a safety issue.

Gonna take it in to the dealer since its still under warranty and have a couple issues i need them to address.. if they do nothing with it than i'll probably attempt to do as you guys did and fix it myself.

Old 12-26-2010, 03:27 PM

Now after about 4K kms there is still no 3rd row noise. But when examined, the electric tape is almost torn (not a surprise) so I removed it and replaced with a recommended UHMW slippery tape. Let's see for how long will it last.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:19 PM

I have a 2010 Outlander GT with the power seats and I also have the slight movement on my backrest. I have my seat dropped to the lowest setting and it no longer moves. This seat position happens to be the most comfortable for me, but I feel Mitsubishi should look into investigating this since there seems to be quite a few people on here with is. The Edmunds.com long term 2010 Outlander GT also has the same issue. Mine is no where as bad as theirs.

VIDEO

Old 07-22-2011, 08:57 PM

After 8 month and 20K kms - magic tape still prevents 3rd row latches from making any noise. Hooray!

Old 07-22-2011, 09:33 PM

My 2010 GT with 4k miles moves 1/8 of an inch or so on acceleration and hard braking. I talked to the dealer today and they are taking a look at it next Friday.

Old 07-23-2011, 05:01 PM

It seems to me that it would be a safety issue. The more the seat rocks, the worse it will get.

Will someone have to have a seat collapse before anything is done?

Quick Reply: Driver seat move....