Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

DVD in motion patch for NR261UM

Old 05-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Default RE: DVD in motion patch for NR261UM

I went to dealer today. He made the update just by placing the CD in the unit. I tried to put the CD again and nothing happened. I thing the system looks for loading.kwi, checks the version and decides if it has to load it or not.
The update was for Gracenote Database and for the navi program (as they said to me)
Costin

PS
The CD contains the following files:
ALLDATA.KWI, 4K
CDDB_VER_EN.TXT, 1K
ECDDB.UDT, 38,260K
ECDDB.UDX, 9,485K
LOADING.KWI, 24,624K

Old 05-14-2008, 11:59 AM

Is the map update CD? So you did buy one? How about the "key" they were talking about?

Old 05-14-2008, 01:04 PM

No map update but only program update and CDDB. And also, no key required and was for free.

Old 05-14-2008, 02:38 PM

ORIGINAL: rcostin

I went to dealer today. He made the update just by placing the CD in the unit. I tried to put the CD again and nothing happened. I thing the system looks for loading.kwi, checks the version and decides if it has to load it or not.
The update was for Gracenote Database and for the navi program (as they said to me)
Costin

PS
The CD contains the following files:
ALLDATA.KWI, 4K
CDDB_VER_EN.TXT, 1K
ECDDB.UDT, 38,260K
ECDDB.UDX, 9,485K
LOADING.KWI, 24,624K
Ok - I've had a look at it, and I'm beginning to get an idea of how this works ..
With any luck I'll have a generic update cd this weekend..
I'm assuming either you or brian are up for testing it out ? ( seeing as you two seem to be the best qualified for recovering from a bad install )

atb.
O.

Old 05-14-2008, 03:41 PM

Thanks for the info rcostin! The alldata.kwi i've never looked at to even have a clue what its for. When I did a CDDB update the *.udx, udt, and txt files were used. Since you say it doesn't even register when you insert the CD a 2nd time, you're probably right that it checks the version and does nothing if not needed. Gives me much more info to test this with.

Would you mind sending me/otaku the new loading.kwi and alldata.kwi files? I/We wouldn't mind having the newest software version to play with. They've added a few new features that I'm interested in, and hopefully fixed the "touch beep" setting not being remembered bug.

Old 05-14-2008, 04:22 PM

I think the alldata.kwi stores a kind of index or versions ...
Just for you to know, my Outlander is the european version.

Costin

Later Edit
I replaced the original hdd with another one, HITACHI Travelstar 30G, with an image of original hdd cloned on it. I am waiting to see if, after MMCS drains completely, the loading.kwi will be loaded from this disk.
So far I noticed just a longer delay in loading the Music Server data...
News, in an hour...

Old 05-15-2008, 09:42 AM

ORIGINAL: rcostin

No map update but only program update and CDDB. And also, no key required and was for free.
Wow, that's good to know. Do you have a product name for the disc? or perhaps a part #? I'd like to ask my dealer about it (in the US). I did the CDDB update, but didn't have the KWI files you listed. I guess the system is smart enough to figure if my system isn't compatible with the update, and so I would like to give a go.

And please update us with the new HDD experiment. If it works, that could really open a big door for opportunities.

Old 05-15-2008, 01:59 PM

I loaded the data from original disk to the new one, using a cloning tool, but when I tried to boot up, the system asked about a system disk. Should I use some kind of a bootloader ? I will try tomorrow to create another clone. I forgot to mention that the disks are using some different structura (CHS).

Unfortunately, I don't know what part number was that because the guy in charge with the update came with a copy without any marks on it. I noticed now that the map has some more colors and some new icons for POIs appeared. I will try to get a "What's New" report for it.

Cheers

PS1
I forgot to mention that first time, rushing to test the new hdd, I used the old version of the system, that I made before update, and started the system before the complete MMCS drainage. Everything went ok except the navi. The music was fine, playing ok, all the buttons working well except the navi which did't started at all. This leads me to think that the new program, already loaded, was trying to find something on the old disk and was unable to load .......

PS2
I unlocked the hdds, again, both original and the test one. On the original, alldata.kwi is still the old one, but Loading.kwi is the NEW one...
The ECDDB files are also copied in their partition.

PS3
The clone disk doesn't work .... Maybe the system checks for an original TOSHIBA drive....

Old 05-15-2008, 02:09 PM

I have followed with great interest this thread, my congratulations to you for this success and for sharing it. Just now I am unable to experiment on my Out due to my work, but in two weeks mas I will try to apply the patch to the MMCS. Good luck...

Old 05-22-2008, 11:06 AM

ORIGINAL: brian360

(snipt
l..., and hopefully fixed the "touch beep" setting not being remembered bug.

After opening a ticket with Mistubishi customer service ~1 year ago, I found out earlier this week they said they have a patch, of course they say this is the *only* fix and it is just for me, yet they say it is ready and waiting at *any* dealer of my choice.

I plan on trying this on Tuesday the 27th.

That stupid beep-bug drives me insane [8D]

(sorry to thread jack)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DVD in motion patch for NR261UM