Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

DVD Pioneer HU Bypass and Parking Brake cable

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Default DVD Pioneer HU Bypass and Parking Brake cable

hello everyone,

I have an interesting problem that I don't know if anybody else is running to. I recently upgraded from the factory Rockford Fossgate head unit and I sprung for the pioneer DVD 4400 unit. I travel a lot with my son and he is only four and I do not feel like getting a head rest with a monitor in it. It just seems a little tacky to me. My problem is I knew going into the purchase for the pioneer unit that I would have to find a way to bypass the parking brake cable, so I ran with a standard relay and bypassed the cable so that it would show his movies while driving instead of having to have the parking brake engaged.

My issue now is while I do have an operating video while the vehicle is in motion, my outlander now thinks that my parking brake is constantly engaged while driving and is continuously chiming with a parking brake warning message. I know I can't obviously ground out the parking brake wire from the back of the head unit which is why I opted to go with the four pin relay and I am looking to find out if there is a way to disable the chime altogether for all warning messages or if anybody else has had this problem installing a DVD head unit in a 2008 outlander SE edition, and if anybody has any solutions?

Please, no lectures about how driving with a video playing etc. etc. unfortunately that doesn't help my four your old. there are no stereo installation shops in the area anymore because the economy is shutting them all down because they can't afford to keep a shop running with no business so it's not like I can just ask a service technician or a mobile installer. I just do not want to run extra wires to have a monitor in the headrest as well as make it even more of a higher profile for theft as I know a Pioneer head unit is a ready one. If anyone has any solutions please let me know. Thank you.