Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Electrical fault!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2023, 02:37 PM
Default Electrical fault!!

So i can go out to my mitsubishi outlander 57 plate on a morning try opening the car with the unlock button on the key fob and the wing mirrors dont open and none of the doors will unlock. So ive to put the key in the drivers door to open the car manually. Put the key in the ignition and the car automatically tries to fire on the second turn off the key but doesnt actually start up. Then on other occassions can do the exact same procedure with the key fob. But the mirrors will open all the doors will unlock put the key in the ignition and the car will start absolutely fine! Just to mention checked all ground straps,batteries only a couple of month old. Its had a new ignition switch fitted. Any help will be massively apreciated. Thank you.

Old 10-01-2023, 12:09 AM

As they are cheap, I would try another new battery in the FOB.

Old 10-01-2023, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by Shez_1989
So i can go out to my mitsubishi outlander 57 plate on a morning try opening the car with the unlock button on the key fob and the wing mirrors dont open and none of the doors will unlock. So ive to put the key in the drivers door to open the car manually. Put the key in the ignition and the car automatically tries to fire on the second turn off the key but doesnt actually start up. Then on other occassions can do the exact same procedure with the key fob. But the mirrors will open all the doors will unlock put the key in the ignition and the car will start absolutely fine! Just to mention checked all ground straps,batteries only a couple of month old. Its had a new ignition switch fitted. Any help will be massively apreciated. Thank you.
The ETACS or immobolizer unit might be faulty or, in the best case for your wallet, there is bad contact somewhere, but to find it will be time consuming.

I would first connect any obd2 tool and read all errors, interestingly if there are any CAN bus related ones.

Old 10-01-2023, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by daem0n
The ETACS or immobolizer unit might be faulty or, in the best case for your wallet, there is bad contact somewhere, but to find it will be time consuming.

I would first connect any obd2 tool and read all errors, interestingly if there are any CAN bus related ones.
because the car won't start it's not bringing any codes up on the OBD reader

Old 10-02-2023, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Shez_1989
because the car won't start it's not bringing any codes up on the OBD reader
Have you checked obd2 codes on those occasions when it did started? That's what i meant.

Old 10-02-2023, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by daem0n
Have you checked obd2 codes on those occasions when it did started? That's what i meant.
When the issue first started I took it to the garage and he said in the obd2 reader that it came up with a faulty ignition barrel which has since been changed. But when the car does actually start up its not bringing no fault codes up on the obd2 reader.