Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Engine coolant

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Default RE: Engine coolant

ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97

ORIGINAL: kene4466

I always use the Prestone 50/50 premixed
Why would anyone use anything different is beyond me? It's convenience in a bottle. I don't know why every argues about the water when all anyone has to do is get the premixed stuff, shake it up, and pour it in. Why mix it yourself? To save a dollar or two and chance spending hundreds for a new radiator, water pump, a complete flush, heater core, etc? Why?

OP, the dealership will tell you anything to get you to buy "dealership" things. As stated above, they outsource anything and everything that isn't specific to Mitsu. It's cheaper that way because they don't have to make a mold for it, that includes fluids. Tell me, does that relay behind the fusebox say Mitsu or is it just tagged with their name and the actual brand stamped elsewhere?

Just be smart about what you get that is aftermarket as not everything is equal and don't be cheap. Cheap and quality do not equal each other.
This is my third new car/suv and I did it to the past 2 cars I had and never had one single problem, I never listen or goto the to the dealer unless something really bad goes wrong, all they wanna do is rape you and then laugh at you when you pull out of there..

Old 07-09-2008, 08:48 PM

ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97

ORIGINAL: kene4466

I always use the Prestone 50/50 premixed
Why would anyone use anything different is beyond me? It's convenience in a bottle. I don't know why every argues about the water when all anyone has to do is get the premixed stuff, shake it up, and pour it in. Why mix it yourself? To save a dollar or two and chance spending hundreds for a new radiator, water pump, a complete flush, heater core, etc? Why?

OP, the dealership will tell you anything to get you to buy "dealership" things. As stated above, they outsource anything and everything that isn't specific to Mitsu. It's cheaper that way because they don't have to make a mold for it, that includes fluids. Tell me, does that relay behind the fusebox say Mitsu or is it just tagged with their name and the actual brand stamped elsewhere?

Just be smart about what you get that is aftermarket as not everything is equal and don't be cheap. Cheap and quality do not equal each other.
Because for the most part, a 4L bottle of 50/50 premixed can be as much as $25, where you can get a 4L bottle of pure coolant for $8 and $0.50 for a 4L bottle of distilled water that takes 30 seconds to mix with a proper measuring jug. It's as easy as baking, and you can get 8L worth of mix for $8.50 compared to $50.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:12 AM

50/50 premixed is the way to go!!

Old 07-10-2008, 03:37 PM

25 bucks are you nuts, I pay 10 at pep boys and it lasts me all year.