Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ETACS options customization

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
There will be no TPMS sensor learning support in ETACS Decoder until I am able to listen CAN bus.

For now, I use MUT to manage TPMS sensors.

Can you change the source code of ETACS Decoder? If you can, please try to read other blocks of memory to find where the TPMS IDs are stored.

Old 04-02-2014, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by weisq
Can you change the source code of ETACS Decoder? If you can, please try to read other blocks of memory to find where the TPMS IDs are stored.
Did not get your question. Source code of our program has nothing to do with TPMS IDs stored in immo ECU.

Old 04-03-2014, 05:54 PM

Did not get your question. Source code of our program has nothing to do with TPMS IDs stored in immo ECU.
Yes, I know that. But I think if you can find how to read data from ECU, you may read data from KOS-ECU in the same way. Because my supposition is both data of ECU and KOS-ECU are read with the same cable and same interface, you can read other data in the same way just by change the address of memory. E.g. the data block of ECU is from address 0x1000 to 0x1fff. Perhaps the data of KOS-ECU is in other address like 0x3000 to 0x3fff or so. Therefore, my suggestion is try to get the lowest source code of reading data from ECU. Then, try to change the address to find whether can get the data of TPMS IDs (you have known them, so just find them from the data you read, then you will get the right address). When you get the right address where the TPMS IDs are stored, just write new IDs by the same way of writing ECU data.

Last edited by weisq; 04-03-2014 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:09 PM

There's no memory dumping.
ETACS Decoder TALKS to ECUs
It sends commands, receives replies from ECUs, decodes results. All ECU command/replies sets are different.
Will gladly update ETACS Decoder as soon you provide the correct commands and reply decoding pattern for Immo ECU.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:16 AM
Default disable tpms of 2012 ralliart

I know this is a little off subject but I thought I'd try try to throw this out there anyways.

I'm still in the old days running diagbox 5.19. Its worked well for me to disable the tpms on my own 2010 lancer, I've done a few other lancers and outlanders also with no issues. Last week I tried to disable tpms on a guys 2012 lancer ralliart 2.0 turbo with no success. When trying to connect I got a message saying ecu not recognized. I'm just wondering if anyone would know the possible issue off the top of their head? Maybe my software is just too ancient. I usually just use the lexia software and its a matter of 5 minutes. This has been the only vehicle I've had issues with so far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 04-07-2014, 08:31 AM

You and your friend are both lucky. Diagbox is known for making RA's TC-SST tranny not able to shift out of P.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:11 AM

You and your friend are both lucky. Diagbox is known for making RA's TC-SST tranny not able to shift out of P.

Is diagbox only known to affect Ralliarts this way or all other models of mitsubishis also? Thanks for the warning. I wont touch another ralliart with this software again.

Is it possible to disable tpms of Ralliarts? if so which software would be the safest to use?

Thanks

Old 04-08-2014, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by crank_18
Is diagbox only known to affect Ralliarts this way or all other models of mitsubishis also? Thanks for the warning. I wont touch another ralliart with this software again.

Is it possible to disable tpms of Ralliarts? if so which software would be the safest to use?
Any TC-SST-equipped Mitsubishi are prone to that Diagbox issue.

Use ETACS Decoder, it does not have this limitation.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:58 AM

Hi Vadimus,
Do you know how to copy ETACS setting to another car with same model of hardware?
Thank you.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:00 AM

Yep, ETACS Decoder does it easily.

Quick Reply: ETACS options customization